Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rs_jr

when is the next Slaine and defoe starting again?

is there a specific reason sinister dexter is not being collected completely ?

Why aren't we getting more judge dredd case field per year and why doesn't it atlas collect years worth ( around 450 pages)? are they not selling that well or is really time consuming to produce and two a year is what they are able to pump out?

Thanks

Frank

Quote from: rs_jr on 30 October, 2018, 07:53:04 AM
when is the next Slaine and defoe starting again?

is there a specific reason sinister dexter is not being collected completely ?

Why aren't we getting more judge dredd case field per year and why doesn't it atlas collect years worth ( around 450 pages)? are they not selling that well or is really time consuming to produce and two a year is what they are able to pump out?

Stewart Moore's slaving over the next series of Defoe as we speak. Chris Weston draws a comedy Slaine short* in this year's end of year prog - I think Simon Davis said the most recent book of Brutania was his last work on the strip.

Conventional wisdom seems to be that Sinister Dexter (like Dante) doesn't sell well, but that's only me repeating what others have said here.

Tharg puts out books at a rate he reckons the market will support. He could carpet-bomb Amazon with six Case Files every year*, but then his small-though-discerning readership might struggle to afford the non-Dredd books and comics he publishes that year.

That lesser-known material might not sell as well, and then it would be stuck with a reputation as unpopular/unprofitable. Like Sinister Dexter.

* I think it's actually an Ukko story?

** Maybe he can't - it takes time and money to prepare old material for print. Plus, there's reader fatigue - if you'd spent £100 buying six books of Ennis, Millar, Morrison and Steelgrave Dredd stories in a single year, I can imagine you'd be overwhelmed by their general mediocrity and not very enthusiastic about forking out another £100 next year just to see if 1995-1998's crop of stories was any better

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

just saying if they didn't cut an entire swathe of eurocrash it would have sold better

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 October, 2018, 11:40:39 AM
Judge Dredd Case Files 33 - 272 pages, 30th May 2019.

...Judge Dredd's single-minded pursuit of law comes into conflict with the more clandestine forces of the Hall of Justice, including an assassin under orders of the Chief Judge!

Cover:
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 October, 2018, 11:56:56 AM
Deathwish volume 1 - Best Wishes - Paperback, 112 pages, 11th July 2019.

EVIL KENEVIL (sic) MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IN THIS ORIGINAL FAST AND THE FURIOUS!

THE GREATEST DAREDEVIL OF THEM ALL – BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES!
Blake Edmonds had it all – fame, money, looks... and then the world-famous F1 driver suffered a terrible accident which left him hideously disfigured. Fashioning a mask to hide his terrible visage, Edmonds has taken on a new career as a stuntman, flirting with death on a regular basis.

Hey Rebellion!  Please get Amazon to have some respect and fix the spelling of Evil Knievel!  (He would've been here to tell you himself but he missed the last bus.)

Cover:

P.S. Amazon UK still has the incorrect spelling of "Evil Knievel".  For shame!
P.P.S. Still love my bus joke.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 October, 2018, 11:51:01 AM
Invasion 1984 - Paperback, 128 pages, 2nd May 2019

British comics' take on War of the Worlds beams down for some classic comics carnage!

SPACE INVADERS!
1984. Skeletal-looking alien warriors have invaded the Earth, bringing many large cities like London to the brink of total destruction! Taken by surprise, mankind must now dig deep to survive! In Britain the tough-as-boots military outfit known as Storm Squad mount the fightback against the 'Spooks' while professor Ed Lomax looks into a way of permanently ridding the plant of this unearthly foe for good!

Cover:
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Monarch

they are really knocking the treasurey covers out of the park i especially love the sweeny toddler one

O Lucky Stevie!

Just take my gruddam PIN number now, Mister Treasury of British Comics.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

Dash Decent

Includes the stuff we've found out above plus:

• Grey Area, Book Two
    • Judge Dredd: The Small House
    • Doctor Mesmer's Revenge (From the pages of Lion and Thunder)
    • Absalom Volume 3
    • Misty Presents: The Art of Jordi Badía Romero
    • Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 34
    • Bella at the Bar Vol. 2
    • Battle Presents: Operation Overlord
    • Ken Reid – World Wide Weirdies Vol. 1
    • The Dark Judges: The Fall of Deadworld Vol. 2

Sadly it seems the second volume of Leopard of Lime Street may be paperback only.  If so it's another instance of the follow up volume not being hardback like the original.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll