Main Menu

Worn by Judge Dredd!

Started by 2000AD Online, 03 December, 2007, 12:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

HOOK UP WITH WORN BY FOR A ZARJAZ BRIAN BOLLAND ILLUSTRATED DREDD T-SHIRT

Brit guitar legend Peter Hook proudly wore his 'Are You Feeling Lucky Punk?' Judge Dredd T-shirt whilst touring with New Order in the 1980s and now you can get your hands on this faithful reproduction.

Dedicated to recreating garments once worn by icons of the past, Worn By uses original photography to recreate vintage T-shirts that genuinely capture iconic moments in time.  With a classic range that encompasses the worlds of music, film and sport; Worn By T-shirts celebrate the iconic heritage of the 60s, 70s and 80s with a distinctive modern edge.

The new limited edition design is part of Worn By's 2007 range, and comes in both blue and grey and is available in all sizes for both men and women.

The T-shirt is available soon from the Worn By online store, Tharg's Newsround

Tweak72

The T-shirt is available soon from the Worn By online store, www.wornby.co.uk for £42.

and we have just hit upon why My vast collection of cool tshirts will not be graced by this iconic t shirt. £42 is bloody steep I could get one made up my self for a lot less
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

COMMANDO FORCES

4 Fucking 2 Quid is just beyond a joke.

scutfink

How much would you have to pay for an original 'Are You Feeling Lucky Punk?' shirt, if you could track one down on e-bay?

somewhere short of £42 I recon...

scutfink

How much would you have to pay for an original 'Are You Feeling Lucky Punk?' shirt, if you could track one down on e-bay?

somewhere short of £42 I reckon...

scutfink

somewhere short of £42 I reckon...

Steve Green

People seem to be missing the point that the profits are going to charity.

Then again, there is the question of how much of that is going to charity, and if it is all the profit, would they have been better off going for more sales at half the price?

- Steve

scutfink

Sorry, TBH I didn't read that far, I just saw T-Shirt  Â£42 and thought 'It'd better have strands of God interwoven with the cotton.'

Buddy

£42 is a fucking joke for a tee shirt.... some good ones there though... god idea to use some lyrics, particularly like the 'i wanna be adord'...

As for the charity angle... well I recon they would sell more if they were a more reasonable say... £20 each.. easily sell three of four times the amount at £42.

They'd only cost about £7 each to manufacture.. I wonder how much is actually going to charity??

I recently heard on some programme (can't remember which) that a lot of those charity christmas cards available only actually donate a small percentage to the charity (3% in some cases).. they suggested that if you want to donate to charity, donate directly to the charity.

Still, good idea for shirts, nice designs on a lot of them.

Might even spur rebellion on to making 'classic' reproduction shirts.. 'you're next punk' etc...

That, I'd like to see.

paulvonscott

Don't get worked up by it, it's one for the fashion twats really.  There's loads of t-shirts you can buy for £15 on the site.  You only have to buy this if you want to support the cause, have too much spending money or are really obsessive and need eveything.

Nice T-Shirt though.

Floyd-the-k

paulvonscott

"£42 is a fucking joke for a tee shirt..."

I think it's another sign that 'consumer charity' is here.  Even rich people don't like giving money away, so now you can buy something epxensive, and hit the happy brain chemical releasing buttons for consumerism and goodwill at the same time.  Like Top Shop water at £10 a bottle.

I'm just commenting, not sneering, it's quite nice that Dredd's amongst them, you'd be pretty dissapointed if Rebellion had said no.  

Interesting  it's because who t-shirt was worn by that makes Dredd an icon here.

Bad Andy

Good news - They're only £40 now!

Think its bloody ugly myself. Give me a Shako t-shirt any day.

House of Usher

I hope they'll be bringing out a facsimile of the "Only stupid bastards take heroin" t-shirt worn by Justin Sullivan of New Model Army on Top of The Pops as part of this range too.

I wouldn't give you tuppence for it myself, but it would make a nice addition to the set.
STRIKE !!!

Buddy

Rebellion had said no

If Rebellion were even asked in the first place...

I like the shirt and wish Rebellion would produce more like it... not those efforts they've produced  recently.