Main Menu

Wonderful D'Israeli bloggings.

Started by Pete Wells, 17 December, 2009, 07:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

I am in awe. Presumably this is running in the Prog at the moment? Wish I were reading it!
STRIKE !!!

Mardroid

Quote from: Noisybast on 14 January, 2010, 09:18:01 PM
'ang on a minute...

I thought it best to check with Tharg-in-Residence Matt Smith as to whether Furry Front Bottoms would be acceptable (see pencil image, right) - word came back that 2000AD really wasn't That Kind of Comic so I fitted Kitty out with a pair of bloomers with a picture of a pussy on them (oo-err vicar).

So flaccid cocks are ok (see just about everything Simon Davis has, er, knocked out recently), but the feminine equivalent is off-limits? How does that work?

I like how he capitalizes the three words. Hee hee!

Jim_Campbell

More Stickleback notes from the D'izzy One. Always a pleasure ...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

lways interesting but I'm particularly looking forward to the next one to find out if that's meant to be Robot Archie?

Pete Wells

At last, I've been desperate for this 'un! I'd heard there was a colour version of the prog 1669 cover and D'Israeli has finally got around to putting it on his blog. We also get to read a little about Robot Archie and now I can get my blog up to date too!

Mike Gloady

The black & white cover is more in keeping with the strip, but that colour version's just GORGEOUS.  Almost makes me wish the series were in colour.  But I'll restrain myself.

What am I saying?  This is D'Israeli - of course it's funting gorgeous. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

I never tire of saying it:  the man is an exceptional genius, and one of the greatest comics artists working today.  Loved this week's Stickleback too.

Colin YNWA

While the colour version is fun so glad they went with the grey tone one.

Glad to here it was Robot Archie shame I don't know who Togo is mind. I lose nerd points.

Pete Wells

Big fat D'Israeli post on my blog today featuring all of his scrummy covers to date.

Mike Gloady

Pete, you keep my geek-meter at full.  Thanks, mate.  Love your blog.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

More notes and general wonderfulness added to Mr Brooker's blog today.

Cheers!

Jim

Subsplot

Thanks for the heads up on this, it's fascinating not only to have a artists thought processes and methodology explained but also to see how they work together with an editor and publication.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Subsplot on 22 March, 2010, 07:26:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this, it's fascinating not only to have a artists thought processes and methodology explained but also to see how they work together with an editor and publication.

Well, if it's process-based stuff your after, you'll love D'israeli's latest post which is a step-by-step walkthrough of his most recent Stickleback cover.

Cheers!

Jim

Pete Wells

Woohoo! He sent me a lovely email this week regarding his winning of the board's best cover of 2009 thread with a step by step walkthrough of THAT! Woohoo, I'll get it up on my blog as soon as I have a bloody minute!