Main Menu

Low Life

Started by Smiley, 17 June, 2004, 02:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

I think what's been bugging me about this strip so far is the lack of a solid team story. The first episode had Rob and Henry proving how ace they are at handling a big bunch of characters in one go, and Dirty Frank's popularity hints at the potential of the wider cast. But instead the focus has been on Nixon and an almost Scooby Doo style villain.

If this runs to a second series I'd like to see less mystery and more of a team. Y'know, guys on a mission type stuff.

Floyd-the-k

A team story could be good in the future, but I don`t think the story calls for it. Lowlife is terrific and Rob and Harry are indeed ace at handling a big bunch of characters in one go, as you say. However, Aimee is a very strong character and the rest of them are too weak as people to really hold up a team story, Pit style.
  Not to say it couldn`t be done in a second series, but the secondary characters would have to change quite a bit. I`d be just as happy to see a second series like this one

Mr D

Ah yes, the classic Scooby Doo story where a creepy mummy haunts a mining town, slaughtering the local mob bosses and setting up the gang as hitmen in the name of justice...

But I agree - teamwork in series 2 would be nice.

Dudley

Seconded, thirded and fourthed.  I'm a HUGE fan, but for all of Aimee's virtues I'd really have liked to see more Dirty Frank, and more Big Baby and Nerd Guy as well...

Noisybast

Low Life is great, and to prove it, I've got two pages of it on my wall. Henry Flint for king!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bart Oliver

++ I'd really have liked to see more Dirty Frank, and more Big Baby and Nerd Guy as well.. ++

Well they've all bought it now.. or have they?

At the time of writing this Frank could possibly still be alive- remember we just see the implication of Frank being dashed over the head by Link comedy-style with a frying pan in flashback.

Other thing i'd like to know.. is Dirty Frank's resemblance to Alan Moore coincidental.

B.

Dirty Frank, Wally Squad MC1 vs Frank Serpico, undercover police detective NYC.

Obviously you're not a golfer.