Main Menu

ABC Warriors cartoon - voice acting discussion

Started by Mike Gloady, 03 October, 2009, 08:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Tom Kenny for most of the voices as he is nicknamed the man of a thousand voices.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

planetmirth

QuoteNow clearly, the chances are that any actor most of us can name may be beyond the reach of the budget

Hi Mike, I could be misinformed, but someone I know, who doesn't have a huge budget is getting some "A" list (or previously "A" list) actors to do some voice overs. Apparently most stars only charge a small fraction of their normal fee for voice work.

That said, in some cases, I'm sure that a small fraction of their normal fee, still could be a lot. If anyone can confirm or deny, please do.

P.S. I like Steve's idea of Christopher Lee as Deadlock and your idea of Samuel Jackson for JP.
'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Lord Running Clam

Skullgrin140

I can imagine Timothy Dalton's voice coming out of Blackblood, Dalton has a skill for playing brooding characters. It would be intersting to hear him play a ruthless character such as Blackblood.

Also I think Sean Bean would be perfect for Hammerstein.

Hoagy

Ken Stott should do a mech voice for Blackblood or Joe Pineapples. Its Sir Ian McKellan who played Gandalf. Mech Danny Dyer for Rojaws. 
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mike Gloady

Danny Dyer should first be treated like the teachers at the Kollege of Khaos.  For about a year.  Should he survive, I doubt he'd want to impersonate his tormentor.

For some reason I find the man brings out my dark side.  Must be something to do with his being a talentless irritating prick.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Paul faplad Finch

I've only seen Dyer in one film (severance) and he was actually pretty good, which surprised me a little considering the stick he gets. In the dvd extras he came across ss likable, dedicated and proffessional.

Until he started talking about anything other than the movie. After that I was left in no doubt whatsoever that in his personal life he is a deeply unpleasant individual.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Hoagy

That alone gives him fair attitude to voice RoJaws. Or Micheal Caine. Ray Winstone! Johnny Depp doing a cockney.. :o
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

LARF

Mike Gloady

MICHAEL CAINE!!!!!  WHOOOOO!  Great idea.

As for Dyer, the man presents "Britain's Hardest Criminal Scumbag" or some such shite on cable telly - he is the poor man's Ross Kemp (who, despite being a tit of monumental proportions, HAS won a Bafta).

Ross Kemp?  Or the geezer who plays his brother in Eastenders?  My Cod, I'd rather ANYONE rather than Dyer.

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Mike Gloady

Bolt-01

We've decided that to celebrate the upcoming A.B.C. Warriors animation from Firestep & Rebellion we will begin to work on a special issue of ZARJAZ.

To that end what we'd like to do is feature seven strips in the issue- that is one for each warrior. So if you have a Mongrol script rattling around your noggin, or a desire to see Morrigun back for one more time, feel free to pitch to us at the usual address. The blog can be found in my sig below.

James Stacey

Quote from: Krombasher on 10 November, 2009, 04:09:43 AM
Its Sir Ian McKellan who played Gandalf.
Michael Horden played Gandalf in the BBC radio play. Unfortunately hes been dead for more than 10 years.

Hoagy

Ah. That'd be the fellow we heard on the few audio in the social health classes at school then.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.