Main Menu

Brit-Cit Jubilee!

Started by Sector Chief, 03 June, 2012, 10:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sector Chief

I'd like to see a Brit-Cit Jubilee story, bringing together all the characters we've seen based in Brit-Cit (including the excellent Strange & Darke!) that delves into the Brit-Cit Royal family, shedding some light on their function and life during Dredd's reality. Could be pretty topical too!  :D

Trout

Bit late now.

Also, fuck the jubilee.  :)

Beeks

Would have been a great idea a few weeks ago!  :D
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

vzzbux

Anyone else sick of the likes of Sainsbury's who have created a range of Union Flag merchendise that is totally wrong. Last week I spent a whole shopping trip pissing off the wife by shouting WRONG every time I came across the buntings etc displayed around the store and having a little rant near suited staff.
No, just me then.
No wonder the UK is losing its identity.
WRONG

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Thankfully, here in Northern Ireland, we've been spared most of this nonsense. It's one of the few times our bullshit and cultural over-sensitivity has worked in our favour.

When I see something like that, all I can think of is the twelfth of July and riots
You may quote me on that.

vzzbux

Quote from: pops1983 on 03 June, 2012, 03:48:28 PM
Thankfully, here in Northern Ireland, we've been spared most of this nonsense. It's one of the few times our bullshit and cultural over-sensitivity has worked in our favour.

When I see something like that, all I can think of is the twelfth of July and riots
Ironic really as its normally the NI part of the Flag that companies like Sainsbury's fuck up.

V
Drokking since 1972

Beeks

I want to know what part of the Union Jack is Welsh?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

vzzbux

As a conquered nation it seems the welsh aren't entitled to be included in the UNION FLAG.

V
Drokking since 1972

Beeks

Quote from: vzzbux on 03 June, 2012, 04:38:01 PM
As a conquered nation it seems the welsh aren't entitled to be included in the UNION FLAG.

V

Yet it seems everyone else is invited to the party?

Jack..Flag..splitting hairs with the sea

COMMANDO FORCES

It's not splitting hairs, it's called being correct  ;)

Spikes

Quote from: Beeks on 03 June, 2012, 04:36:41 PM
I want to know what part of the Union Jack is Welsh?

The English part.

Beeks

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 June, 2012, 05:30:13 PM
It's not splitting hairs, it's called being correct  ;)

Actually..not really..it was a Union 'Jack' at sea way before it became the National flag of the UK

In fact a century passes before it becomes a 'flag'

But let's not split hairs again  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

I think that you may have noticed that all the FLAGS that vzzbux saw were on land and in a shop, hence they are not Union Jacks (I didn't see any on any ships in his picture).

vzzbux

An education for all the British who are lacking in their knowledge of our National Flag.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/geography/unionjack.html

V
Drokking since 1972

Beeks

Quote from: vzzbux on 03 June, 2012, 10:08:40 PM
An education for all the British who are lacking in their knowledge of our National Flag.
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/geography/unionjack.html

V

1606 Union Jack created

1707 becomes the Countries National Flag

I'd say I was bang on

At least it answered the question about the Welsh aspect