Main Menu

WJC's Dredd vs Death

Started by Emperor, 23 December, 2011, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Alski

Not keen on that at all. Not enough detail for me, reminds me a bit of M Macmahon, of whom I am not a fan.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

CrazyFoxMachine

Can I add a positive voice here -

I LOVE WJC

TordelBack

I love that!  Very much my kind of thing.  The art, that is.  Not the graeco-roman wrestling (presumably takingplace in front of the fire in Dredd's study).  Never confused.

COMMANDO FORCES

Wouldn't Deaths hands just slice through Joe  ::)

So wrestling is OUT!

radiator

Love it! Love the sparseness, reminds me of McMahon, of whom I am a massive fan.

Must admit, I've never heard of the artist before, but will keep an eye out in the future.

pauljholden

Quote from: Alski on 23 December, 2011, 11:30:39 PM
Not keen on that at all. Not enough detail for me, reminds me a bit of M Macmahon, of whom I am not a fan.

I in no way wish to invalidate your opinion, but I do find it hilarious. I'd love it if someone where to say "you remind me of MacMahon" - and I think Warwick would take it as a complement too. Just shows, art can be pretty subjective :)

-pj

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 24 December, 2011, 11:02:14 AM
Can I add a positive voice here -

I LOVE WJC

Just to clarify - I love this too!!

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 December, 2011, 11:31:58 AM
Wouldn't Deaths hands just slice through Joe  ::)

So wrestling is OUT!

Unless it was in a manly gesture to see who could beat who in a fair fight (possibly with Death sssssssssstipulating that "if I pin you, we do the next round naked"?).

Quote from: radiator on 24 December, 2011, 11:56:35 AMMust admit, I've never heard of the artist before, but will keep an eye out in the future.

WJC did the ABC Warriors story in the Nu-Earth 2000AD fanzine and after reading this review I had to pick up his Kani too - it was indeed "greatest underwater deep sea diving samurai adventure you'll read all year."

He is going to be in the next Lovecraft anthology (alongside McMahon ;) ), he appeared in Stray Bullets and New British Comics, plus his Gungle looks great.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

I adore not-detailed comic art more than "detailed" comic art. I feel like it better showcases the skill of cartooning.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!