Main Menu

Charley's War Bookplates

Started by Tjm86, 28 March, 2018, 11:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Just seen these listed and for a moment I was seriously tempted.  Then noticed that they were paperback.  Gah!

Guys, get a hardback edition of these out and you've got one confirmed double dipper straight off.

Colin YNWA

My concern is the size. If you are to believe Amazon these are 19.8 by 12.8cm which would make them smaller than a standard trade even. If this is the case then I'm going to pass and stick with my hardcovers.

If this is wrong, which is very possibly the case with Amazon and these are the same dimensions as the hardcovers I might go for it as the improved printing quality makes it worth a rare double dip.

Dandontdare

surely they mean inches rather than centimetres?

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 28 March, 2018, 01:05:42 PM...the improved printing quality makes it worth a rare double dip.

Don't forget the lettering.  It looks like a major upgrade.  I for one am In.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 March, 2018, 02:09:05 PM

20 inches would make them enormous editions, well over the Titan hardbacks. Either the figures are wrong entirely (not too unlikely with Amazon) and we should expect something like the typical Rebellion trade format, or they've chosen to produce something in a paperback/digest size which would be profoundly disappointing given the work that appears to have been put into restoration (colour pages, lettering, art etc.)

Given that there doesn't seem to have been any mention of the books being in a digest edition, I'd lean to the former.

James Stacey

Amazon seem to just make any old shit up if they dont have facts.

Tjm86

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 March, 2018, 02:54:25 PM
Don't forget the lettering.  It looks like a major upgrade.  I for one am In.

My work here is done. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

all I's cross and T's dotted... ;)
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 March, 2018, 04:05:00 PM
all I's cross and T's dotted... ;)

I had to re-type the script from a copy of the equivalent Titan edition, so I hope Rebellion's proof-readers were on the ball! I used to have to type for a living, but that was 25 years ago so my 60+wpm, 99% accuracy days on typing tests are a long way behind me!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Fungus

What happened to Amazon's pointless-until-now image of books held up for size purposes? Gone? Would be shocked if these truly were digest format - especially at those page-counts.

*Love* that cover to vol 3, too.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 March, 2018, 04:56:46 PM
I had to re-type the script from a copy of the equivalent Titan edition, so I hope Rebellion's proof-readers were on the ball! I used to have to type for a living, but that was 25 years ago so my 60+wpm, 99% accuracy days on typing tests are a long way behind me!

"...and that, Mr Kingsley, is how we ended up with with a thousand copies of 'Charley's Wart Vol. 1: Boil Soldier'..."

;-)

Bolt-01

The Amstor Computer

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 28 March, 2018, 03:02:44 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 March, 2018, 02:09:05 PM

20 inches would make them enormous editions, well over the Titan hardbacks.

ah, I was thinking of those huge "artists editions" - What exactly is a "bookplate edition"?