Main Menu

RESULTS THREAD. Suited and Rebooted. Dec/Jan Art Comp.

Started by Kerrin, 08 February, 2011, 09:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Woo, that ended up being close. A battle royale erupted at the top of the table with the first, second and third places being separated by a Klapaxian handful of points (that's eight for those of you who've forgotten your Klapaxian physiology, tut).

Thanks as usual to everyone who took the time to create an entry. There are a lot of other projects on the boil at the moment and what with Christmas and the festive season bumbling into the creative headlights your magnificent masterpieces really are appreciated.

Thanks also to those who took the time to posit an opinion via the voting.

So, here we go...

In 3rd, with a beautifully painted homage to the Dark Knight is...

STEVEN DENTON

Truly superb paint work Steven.

In 2nd, a fantastically rendered superhero take on our favourite flintfaced lawman from the Calhab comic genius that is...

DOG DEEVER

Bloody brilliant Bruce!

Pausing momentarily to Honorably Mention KOWALSKY for his awesome holographic prog we move on to...

1st place and a gentleman who has contributed some wonderful work to the art comps in the past. This time though, he has outdone himself. Your winner, with a blood and guts and veins in yer teeth WWII reworking of Rogue Trooper is...

IAMTHESYSTEM

CONGRATULATIONS MR.SYSTEM!

Take a moment to bask in the eldritch glow of your fellow boarders admiration and then, if you would be so kind, apply your cognitive beret to your fascinatingly misshapen cranium and ponder upon the subject of the next competition. PM me with any ideas and we'll get the next comp rolling toot sweet.

Thanks again to all art fiends, animal, vegetable or sentiently mineral and we will reconvene anon.

Cheers,

Kerrin.

Colin YNWA

Congratulations to all concerned and Kerrin for running.

Really looking forward to the next one already. 

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

IAMTHESYSTEM

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!

Now I'll have to think up a competition for next time!

Er.. you may be in for a long wait Kerrin. Thanks to everyone who voted for me though.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steven Denton

3rd place, not bad.

Well Done IATS and Dog Deever.  I'm already sharpening my pencil for the next one.

Proudhuff

Great stuff chaps, just don't let the marvel/DC see THAT Dredd or we're done for.
DDT did a job on me

Emperor

Well done everyone, excellent ideas there and it was a close fight in the top three.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Well done to you guys fantastic a/w :) and to IATS superb stuff a worthy winner
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Emp

Dog Deever

Thanks for the votes folks- congrats to IAMTHESYSYTEM- a deserving victory.

Quotejust don't let the marvel/DC see THAT Dredd or we're done for

umm... he was also partially ripped off from inspired by The Shield- or was that Captain America?  :o

I did think about making his badge into a shield- would that have been too much?
:)
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

vzzbux

A worthy top three.

Would love to see Dog Deevers creation come to life in a mini series.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bhuna

Well done IATS. Looking forward to seeing what the next comp is all about!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Ignatzmonster

Quote from: Dog Deever on 08 February, 2011, 07:03:08 PM
Thanks for the votes folks- congrats to IAMTHESYSYTEM- a deserving victory.

Quotejust don't let the marvel/DC see THAT Dredd or we're done for

umm... he was also partially ripped off from inspired by The Shield- or was that Captain America?  :o

I did think about making his badge into a shield- would that have been too much?
:)

Dredd blocking bullets with a giant badge.... Dredd throwing his giant badge and ricocheting it off several perps heads... Dredd smacking a perp in the head with his giant badge and it making the sound, "WANK!".... Hmmmm. Yup, that would be fucking ace.

PS Love the booties.

Kerrin

The latest comp is up. A nice wide remit so you can let it all hang out. Enjoy.

FuzzChile99

Violent Picture Libaries they'd certainly give Commando a run for there money , all three are brillant concepts , Enjoyed seeing a blood splattered comics code.