Main Menu

xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage

Started by Professor Bear, 20 July, 2016, 11:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

It will hopefully dispel the sour taste of the joyless, pretentious, and deathly dull Point Break remake and it's getting its own thread as a reward for being possibly the most abominably stupid thing coming our way in 2017, featuring as it does Vin Diesel skiing through a tropical jungle, and then surfing on a motorcycle - by which I do not mean he does handstands on a motorcycle while it is moving, I mean he drives a motorcycle across the surface of the ocean and uses a wave as a ramp.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I watched the trailer. Everything Bear says is true. Every. Thing.
Lock up your spoons!

GordonR

I'm confused. Wasn't the Xander Cage character rather dismissively killed off off-screen in xXx2, when Diesel walked out of the would-be franchise and was replaced by the stellar superstardom that is Ice Cube?

Or are we not supposed to remember that?

Dunk!

I forget is this Diesel Renaissance number 3 or 4 we're experiencing now?
"Trust we"

I, Cosh

Quote from: GordonR on 21 July, 2016, 01:43:33 AM
I'm confused. Wasn't the Xander Cage character rather dismissively killed off off-screen in xXx2, when Diesel walked out of the would-be franchise and was replaced by the stellar superstardom that is Ice Cube?
Only in the DVD extras! Worth watching for the hilarious money shot.

Quote from: Professor Bear on 20 July, 2016, 11:40:29 PM
... surfing on a motorcycle - by which I do not mean he does handstands on a motorcycle while it is moving, I mean he drives a motorcycle across the surface of the ocean and uses a wave as a ramp.
You still know the way to my heart.
We never really die.