Main Menu

Import gaming hardware...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 06 January, 2005, 02:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Hope some boarder can offer some advice.

I used to own a US PlayStation along with my original UK model, but a few months back, it finally gave up the ghost. I'm now left with a stack of great PS games from the States that I can't play, and I'd like to sort this out.

I've had a scout online, but I've had trouble finding a decent place that sells US hardware at a reasonable price.

I'm looking for either a US PlayStation or PlayStation 2, but I'd be open to suggestions for a decent mod option.

Hope someone can help!

Bico

I should probably have tried asking the board for help on this topic myself before going off and ordering a new slimline US PS2 from overseas.
My old (US) Playstation 2 gave up on me a while back, so I've had to replace it.  It just seemed like a better option in the long haul, since modding is still very unreliable where import games are concerned - though the Messiah chip is what I was recommended.
But if you're going to put a chip in a new PS2, you'll pay roughly what it costs for a new machine anyway - you're better off just buying a PS2 from America.  That way, you get to keep your new (PAL) machine in warranty.  Plus, the dollar is majorly in the crapper right now - it won't cost that much, really.  It's just the import duty you have to be careful of.