Main Menu

How to kill of Sin/Dex

Started by Will I. Cooling, 07 July, 2003, 05:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will I. Cooling

Despite starting the tread I think we all know that the thread won't die as its too verstile. Personally I think it will benefit from two things. Firstly let writers other than Abbnett have a crack it to get some fresh ideas into the scripts. Secondly give us some full horror strips by Irving. I rember on Frasier did a while back which was excellent. A run of horror stories like that using Sin Dex may revitalise the character.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

sindex1996

I think we should have a 126 part final story, with a special all Sin/Dex 2000ad every 7th part. How about a vote?

Bart Oliver

Thought that other writers had worked on Sin/Dex other than Abbnett..

Just goes to show how much attention I've paid it.

B.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

frazer

"I rember on Frasier did a while back which was excellent"

eh?

maybe yer thinking of Cam Smith...he did a b/w run set in a graveyard...me only ever did one sindex, a five pager with some cops and a "black and white" gimmick.

F

Mikey

Er,I don't remember either of these and I'm a SIn Dex apologist.Perhaps i've been wrong all the time...
M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Spaceghost

there should be 4 pages of them crying and apologising and then they should shoot themselves in the temples. "Hoorah!" we shall all cry! now the sun can shine again!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Better characters have had no exit.

We should be left with the epitaph:

"Sinister/ Dexter will return."

And then turn the page.
Lock up your spoons!

Tarantino

"Tarantino their asses!" I DON'T THINK SO, I'M BUSY.

Now Cassandra Anderson...... I might find time for!

Smiley

Yeah, right. Kill off the only flexible and consistent semi-regular strip in 2000AD beyond Dredd. And replace it with what?

Art

Bek & Kawl!

Yeha, okay, that doesn't compeltely work does it?

Nice Tom

No! Don't kill them! But I'd like to see a return to the good ol' days before they became a couple of Robert Rankin characters.
If they had to die, I'd like to see some sort of big redemption type story where they save the day and then cop it in a bloody great explosion.

Floyd-the-k

`most of us` doesn`t include me. Borrowed time?  As if!
 I think it should run and run and run

and run and run

and run and run and run and....you get the picture

yours trying to wax lyrical,

Floyd

Devons Daddy

i would not like to see them die
 but i would like to see i one of them question his own lifestyle. and walk away. perhaps a nuff said style ending. with several pages of great art and the final with one turning his back on the other.

complete without being final.
an ending which left us wanting more and accepting it was over in a way it should be.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ukdane

I see 'em dying in a Butch Cassidy hail of bullets having just saved Miss Octavio.

In fact I thought that was going to happen ages ago, just before the strip jumped the shark.

Personally, I still can't get enough of Abnetts puns :-)

Certainly this is the one current strip that is due a reinvention- further exploration of Downloade is I think needed (and a mulitparter to boot)

Cheers

-Daney

Slippery PD

In fact I thought that was going to happen ages ago, just before the strip jumped the shark

I agree this strip has indeed jumped the shark.

As a vocal critic of SinDex this might surprise people.  I dont want them dead.  I want them to be back to pre-eurotrash days, when they were rather good.  

Personally I think Abnett has lost the plot with the strip, a new writer is needed.  The puns are actually what puts me off.  When it started the strip had an overall plot an overall direction, it currently doesnt.  The loss of Demi meant that the focus of the story has been lost and although the revenge/downlode tales stories where good, once they were over there has been no direction since.

Their death?  Id like to see Dexter die in a gun fight and Sinister live to die of old age.  Quite like the idea of the "sensible" one dying and the "mad" one living on and telling their last whack on his death bed as he dies from old age.

Certainly this is the one current strip that is due a reinvention- further exploration of Downloade is I think needed (and a mulitparter to boot)

Id agree with that whole heartedley, but I do have a nagging feeling that the strip is in the last chance salon somewhat....

Yer Slips