Main Menu

Rok of the Reds

Started by Steve Green, 27 February, 2016, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Got it, read it, loved it. Its just brilliant UK comics. Someone somewhere (I'm not sure where) said it managed to be a great footie comic AND a great sci-fi action comic and indeed it does its superb on all fronts. Packs in an astonishing amount of fun and looks perfect.

Why aren't there more comics this good.

If you haven't yet done so buy this... in fact buy two, one to read and treasure and one to rub all over your butter covered body as you explore all the new and different way to love this comic.

Thanks to all concerned in its creation. Now do more.

dancornwell

Cheers Colin! Superb review.

John wants to apologise for lifting this review without your permission but he thought it was such a great one he couldn't resist. He's also forgotten how to post himself.

Hopefully we'll have a second season, but as John says it got to be the right story and a better story than the original. No pressure then!

Anyone still wanting issues, I do still have signed copies. All 6 for £22.50! That includes postage. Message me here on via my Facebook page.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: dancornwell on 25 May, 2017, 08:14:09 AM

John wants to apologise for lifting this review without your permission but he thought it was such a great one he couldn't resist. He's also forgotten how to post himself.

Yeah Wagner coming here and 'nicking my stuff... or to put it another way...

Mr Wagner liked what I said... I've gone all star struck and silly inside... pass me the Lurpack please.

rogue69

They have just announced that the TPB will be out in April 2018

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: rogue69 on 01 November, 2017, 09:55:11 PM

And that John's finishing up the script for the first episode of the next series...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

robert_ellis

That's great news about the tpb & new series. It's a great comic.

Dandontdare

Quote from: rogue69 on 01 November, 2017, 09:55:11 PM

I'd been holding off for that, but when I saw John at Thought Bubble last month, I couldn't resist picking up 1-6 all signed for £20 - and it is as fantastic as everyone says! I know that John actually loses (quite a bit of) money making these, but I'm so glad that he enjoys them so much that he thinks it worthwhile. What a guy!

Steven Sterlacchini

Great news.

You'd hope that the collected edition would open up some other retails routes, like book shops etc., who don't stock single issue comics.

Looking forward to the next series.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I was so chuffed when I saw John Wagner annouce this on Facebook, confirming that Dan will be back on art with an 'Of course'. Can't wait.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 November, 2017, 10:07:29 PM
And that John's finishing up the script for the first episode of the next series...
Oh...my...god....yes.

rogue69

BHP have just announced that The Rok of the Reds trade will be released on the 16th of April and you can preorder your copy here: https://goo.gl/7BwCDm

dancornwell

Indeed it is. It'll be a great book too with extra content. On top of that series 2 is in the works!

dancornwell

Quote from: dancornwell on 13 February, 2018, 08:29:04 AM
Indeed it is. It'll be a great book too with extra content. On top of that series 2 is in the works!

Now I haven't a clue what is going on over at photobucket but this picture is not the direct link I saved. Anyone know a better site to upload from?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: dancornwell on 13 February, 2018, 08:34:07 AM
Now I haven't a clue what is going on over at photobucket but this picture is not the direct link I saved. Anyone know a better site to upload from?

Photobucket won't let you link to your images any more, unless you pay them $400/yr (not a typo).

I've been using IMGUR ever since Photobucket brought the fee in. Seems to do everything I used Photobucket for and is still free.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dancornwell

Wow! £400 a year! They won't be around for much longer then. I'll try imgur. Pity we can't upload directly from our own devices or libraries.