Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moogie101

Quote from: Bad Andy on 22 September, 2020, 12:23:03 PM
Anyone got the Savage replacement?

I think it's scheduled to come with the start of the extension, issues 81/72

moly

Chased them up for 79 and 80 and had a reply
I can confirm we have processed issues 79, 80 and the premium gift 6 for you on 18/09/2020. This order should be with yourself within 14 days from this date but please do allow slightly longer due to the current climate. The direct debit is due to be taken on 01/10/2020 for £22.98.

So should be delivered round end of the month

IndigoPrime

I have a standard sub and 79/80 just landed. Curiously, there is no note inside about an extension, despite this being confirmed on Facebook. I _really_ hope they will be sending subscribers a letter or email, or they're going to have an awful lot of pissed off people in about four weeks.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2020, 09:30:51 AM
I have a standard sub and 79/80 just landed. Curiously, there is no note inside about an extension, despite this being confirmed on Facebook. I _really_ hope they will be sending subscribers a letter or email, or they're going to have an awful lot of pissed off people in about four weeks.

I don't think there was anything for Transformers either. It's standard Hachette practise, and Eaglemoss for that matter, although they do put out an email with future solicits to subbers so I expect I will know if Legends Of Batman will go past 80 soon enough.

IndigoPrime

Perhaps my memory is faulty, but I remember _something_ for the Dredd collection.

As for Legends of Batman, I see Eaglemoss did a Hachette with radically reducing the number of copies after a certain point. I'd have quite liked a Year One, but they're insanely expensive whenever they come up on eBay. (I don't 25-quid want one.)

dossa1uk

So, I thought I'd ask...

This from their customer service, regarding a definitive announcement regarding the extension.  Emphasis my own.

"Thank you for your message.
I can confirm the collection has been extended to 140. There should be an email sent to confirm this. Please be assured you can cancel your subscription at issue 80 or 111 and will still have a complete spine artwork.
Thanks"

sintec

111 did always seem like an odd (pun intended) number to end on given they ship these in pairs. Let the speculation begin on the content of the other 29 books I guess.

Hopefully another volume of Stickleback will be in there collecting Number of the Beast, The Thru'penny Opera and the story currently running in the prog. A 2nd volume of Fall Of Deadworld wouldn't go amiss either.

Tomwe

Quote from: dossa1uk on 30 September, 2020, 01:32:52 PM
I can confirm the collection has been extended to 140.
!!!!!!!!

Well, last time they extended it was as simple as asking on Facebook to get the list, so...

IndigoPrime

140? Er. I mean, this is _good_, but I suspect I won't be buying a great deal of Rebellion books for the next two and a half years then!

I also found an app for the JD collection recently; I rather wish there was one for this now as well.

Colin YNWA

Well its clearly doing okay which must be a good sign so positive news. Be interesting to see what they add to the coverage. Still plenty of stuff to mine.

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2020, 02:08:50 PM
I also found an app for the JD collection recently; I rather wish there was one for this now as well.

Think I spoke to the guy who made that a while back; it's iOS only isn't it?
I briefly chatted to him about attempting to do an Android version but never got anywhere with actually coding anything. One of those I'd love to do it but I also already spend 40 hours a week writing code so it can be hard to find the enthusiasm for personal projects on the side.

dossa1uk

Quote from: Tomwe on 30 September, 2020, 02:00:24 PM
Quote from: dossa1uk on 30 September, 2020, 01:32:52 PM
I can confirm the collection has been extended to 140.
!!!!!!!!

Well, last time they extended it was as simple as asking on Facebook to get the list, so...

A very good idea!  So, I asked, and they just sent the same list we've all seen, running up to 111. 

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2020, 02:08:50 PM
I suspect I won't be buying a great deal of Rebellion books for the next two and a half years then!

I'd have said the same but then there's things like these limited Nemesis books, and America. They always find a way to make a double/triple dip.

And realising this means it's overall a 60 book extension now, which is almost as long as the original run.

Tomwe

Quote from: dossa1uk on 30 September, 2020, 02:26:06 PM
A very good idea!  So, I asked, and they just sent the same list we've all seen, running up to 111.
Maybe it's not confirmed yet then.

Think we can expect more of The Order, for one.

IndigoPrime

It's quite possible there's no set-in-stone plan yet beyond issue 111, which, remember, takes us through to early 2022. Given the way these collections tend to work, I imagine books will mine whatever existing Rebellion collections haven't been covered, probably throw more Dredd/Dreddworld into the mix, and give HC treatment to at least some collections Rebellion itself releases over the next year or two.

Quote from: Tomwe on 30 September, 2020, 02:28:40 PMI'd have said the same but then there's things like these limited Nemesis books, and America.
I'll make exceptions as well—but will likely head more towards Treasury books, or items that are clearly one-offs (like the Nemesis volumes, although I'm still mulling over those).