Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quotebeing in drag that time he beat a fox to death

That intrigued me, so I went and read about it. He had put on his wife's kimono because it was near at hand when he heard his chickens were in distress. Upon discovering the fox tangled in the chicken coop's protective netting he made the necessarily quick decision to kill it. The RSPCA investigated and found that no criminal act had taken place.

Probably the stupidest thing he did there was Tweet about it and enrage the howling mob.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Professor Bear

One rarely beats an animal to death in a fit of logic and practicality, so I suspect he was in shock at the time he tweeted out his story of brutal animal murder to a platform where people still bitch and whine about Anthony Bourdain's ecologically-unsound diet despite his being dead for two years.

I live in a rural area and I've heard plenty of stories of fox encounters, but they usually end with a call to the USPCA (RSPCA to you mainland yokes), so I just assumed Windy Miller's story was SOP for townies whenever they encounter any form of wildlife that isn't a stray cat.

sheridan

Quote from: Professor Bear on 06 July, 2020, 12:21:32 PM
I live in a rural area and I've heard plenty of stories of fox encounters, but they usually end with a call to the USPCA (RSPCA to you mainland yokes), so I just assumed Windy Miller's story was SOP for townies whenever they encounter any form of wildlife that isn't a stray cat.

Standard Operating Procedure?

Professor Bear

Yep.  A townie sees a cat larger than 15lbs and 2 minutes later they're talking about escaped panthers.

Smith

Quote from: Professor Bear on 05 July, 2020, 11:10:54 PM
I can't decide what's most "2020" about this story: that the Tories have been using a catastrophe to line the pockets of their donors yet again, or that the guy who uncovered it is most famous for living in a windmill and bragging on Twitter about being in drag that time he beat a fox to death - and no that is not a euphemism, you can literally Google "beat a fox to death" and he's the first result.
Any relation to Owen Benjamin?

JayzusB.Christ

And this week's ironic infection prize goes to Jair Bolsonaro.  Thoughts and prayers are with him. But not too many.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

Funt Solo

Comics could make a fortune in the US if they released anthology titles aimed at kids, because the kids market is huge and there are no anthology titles that I know of - everything goes under the model of being just one thing at a time.

Also, lots of comic shops here don't stock kids' graphic novels - those are in book stores instead.

*Disclaimer: personal experience may not include actual facts.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

judgeurko

Smith

sheridan

Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 15 July, 2020, 04:06:44 PM
Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 03:57:31 PM

Bit of an overkill?
No
Arresting 12 y.o. is the best use of police resources?

What should they have done?  By the time they find out the age of the perpetrator a lot of resources would already have been used.

Funt Solo

I was taken into custody around that age for shoplifting. I've always considered that a valuable part of my education in life. Should they just have let me get on with it?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 05:09:33 PM
I was taken into custody around that age for shoplifting. I've always considered that a valuable part of my education in life. Should they just have let me get on with it?
Were you arrested for saying shit on the internet?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Smith on 15 July, 2020, 05:14:58 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 July, 2020, 05:09:33 PM
Were you arrested for saying shit on the internet?

Strange question: I already told you what I was arrested for. You're making the argument that racist abuse shouldn't be a crime - but it is, so you're bang out of luck on that score.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++