Main Menu

Attempts at the sample scripts

Started by Emperor, 19 January, 2010, 08:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Denton

Quote from: Brian Corcoran on 17 November, 2016, 07:36:53 AM
Thought I'd post my entry for the 2000AD Art Competition at Thought Bubble this year.  Was lucky enough (and thrilled!) to get through to the final six.  The script was 'The Timeless Assassin' by Rory McConville.  I'd love any feedback/ criticism/ etc.

I love this thread, its great to see everyone's approaches to the scripts. TB was similar, it was a real eye-opener to see how everyone had handled the script. Such a huge variation in approach. Pity we only got to see page 01 of everyone's entry but I suppose time is always a hard taskmaster at these things.  I thought the other entries were great, Tilen Javornik's entry was a very worthy winner, clearly the best one. Big congratulations to him, looking forward to seeing his first story in the prog.

As an aside, Thought Bubble was brilliant, met loads of great people, including a lot of my art heroes, not to mention meeting Crazyfoxmachine and Bolt-01 of this very forum. Lovely lads!

Great stuff, I really like the lay out.

laourde

Hello here is my art of Judge Dredd cycle of violence :)

soju

hi there....
new to this board! found the "cycle of violence" script here and tried working from it for personal practise.
i didn't send it in or something...
i actually didn't care much for comics the last few years... but some weeks ago the old love suddenly came back.
i kinda grew up reading 2000ad comics.. so playing around with this script was a lot of fun!

any crit would be highly appreciated.

if the images won't show up: http://sojustuff.tumblr.com/post/157824002131

Pauul

I think it looks cool.

Some of the characters don't look quite right; Dredd on Page One, Panel 5 and the bully dunking the kid on Page Two, Panel Four.

Still, it's very almost perfect.

I'll leave it to the actual artists to give a more detailed analysis.

Jase

Karn The Foul Eye!
Been working on this attempt for a while, inbetween working away from home ..
Been agonising over certain panels! the last on page 1 and the 1st on page 2 and am going to change the last on page 1 for certain- and parts of the other.
Any advice is most welcome, I have tried twice before on the Cycle of Violence script, this is my first on the Karn-
please excuse the scans, I've had to stitch them back together in photoshop

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist- and one day soon,
I WILL BE." - Tim Bisley,

Jase

AAAnd page 3 of Karn, very slow going with working away from home, a little tidying up needed but here it is-
again, any suggestions/crits, advice more than welcome- cheers

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist- and one day soon,
I WILL BE." - Tim Bisley,

Andy Lambert

Holy moly - that looks astounding!!

Andy Lambert

I didn't know this thread existed - really stunning work on show with some brilliant insights on how people have approached these sample strips. I've been toying with having a go at one or two of these myself, but damn... I feel quite "intimidated" by what I've seen..! lol

Steven Denton

Cycle Of Violence

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

The Legendary Shark

Uncle Pat's just posted this.

Good luck, you talented bunch!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Andy Lambert

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 April, 2019, 08:40:44 PM

Uncle Pat's just posted this.

Good luck, you talented bunch!

If Belardinelli was still with us today, he'd so be the man for the job here...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dark Jimbo

I just love reading through those world bibles. Pat's lost nothing when it comes to world-building, has he?
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

Heck of a time getting onto his website though! Seems my phone is the only route.  Pat is nothing if not a ideas machine

Sinx

Quote from: Steven Denton on 27 April, 2019, 09:55:43 AM
Cycle Of Violence

Page 1

Page 4

My favourite pages are page one and five. On page 4 the face of the judge with water running down the helmet and with the background lost in the distance - great image! 
A really solid effort overall :thumbsup: