Main Menu

Batman : Arkham Asylum

Started by bluemeanie, 29 June, 2009, 11:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberkraken

I'm replaying it on hard now.
boy, they weren't kidding! .[spoiler]I got killed by Ivy so many times I almost gave up, now stuck in the penultamate battle[/spoiler]

I, Cosh

I have just spent an hour and a half solidly failing to get a perfect on the first fighting challenge. I can apparently do any 3 of the 4 rounds but never all 4.

Maybe I'll just play the actual game for a bit instead.
We never really die.

mogzilla

actually played the demo again and when i figured out how to hang upside down i enjoyed it ...so might give it a rent to try it first

bluemeanie

Trying to do the challenges now. Stuck on "Take out 3 guys with 3 explosive charges in 3 locations AT THE SAME TIME!"
Cant even get on Gargolyes for a good vantage point to check when they are in position

hard stuff

mogzilla

wasnt too sure about this at first not being into batman much but now i hooked

the shutdown man

I finished it yesterday, but it still says 67% complete. I must have missed a hell of a lot of extra stuff. Do all the tapes and riddles and so on count towards the overall percentage?
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

I, Cosh

Quote from: the shutdown man on 11 October, 2009, 03:17:02 PM
I finished it yesterday, but it still says 67% complete. I must have missed a hell of a lot of extra stuff. Do all the tapes and riddles and so on count towards the overall percentage?
Yep. I think I was on 80% when I finished the story. Just finished getting all the riddles this afternoon and still only on 85%, so I suppose it's the challenges next.

Really cool game, but it's a bit short and the secret maps probably make it too easy to find everything. When's the sequel out?
We never really die.

Richmond Clements

I finished the story mode yesterday.
This is an utterly awesome game! I'm not usually one to go back again and pivk up all the stuff to get 100%, but with this game I think I shall.

Devons Daddy

so much DC now for this.
i may have to upgrade my hard drive on the 360.
outstanding game, my current one almost full,
this game has got to be up for game of the year.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

I, Cosh

I've been really struggling to finish some of the challenges on this. Particularly the predator challenges. I could never seem to do them quick enough or without being seen.

Imagine how amused I was this evening then, when my mate told me that you press select and it gives you specific takedowns to perform to get the medals. It would've been nice if the game told me that.
We never really die.

uncle fester

Finally finished this yesterday. What a game! 75% complete and NOW it awards me an amoured batsuit? Thanks, no really, Couldn't've done with that a while ago...

So I started sifting through all the remaining things to find and realised there was a wing of the penetentiary I'd never been in and the guards, (looking at a room full of poison gas), were still asking about the Joker's next move. Oops, sorry 'bout that.

Now all I have to do is remember how to get back into the cave system to grab the trophy I can see through some bars from outside, but can't reach...

Seems a shame it's over now... May start again on hard...

James Stacey

Quote from: uncle fester on 09 November, 2009, 11:07:30 AM
Now all I have to do is remember how to get back into the cave system to grab the trophy I can see through some bars from outside, but can't reach...
Just finished it (other than the challenges) and that one was the last piece I had to find. Caved in in the end and got the wife to look up the solution and give me hints. It's easier than you might think [spoiler]and you dont need to go fully into the cave system to get it[/spoiler]

I found the bit fighting the 20 guys in a corridor the hardest bit. The final battle was dead easy after that.

uncle fester

Ooh cheers for the hint, James! Yeah, that previous corridor was a real sod to get though...

ThryllSeekyr

It''s a speical day for me today...

Hint hint hint...

Anyway, I got a little present very late last night after getting home from the movies.

This was it!!!!

On the account that I thought wouldn't mind playing the full game after playing the demo with the trailer that shows you what you get in the full game. I was sort of pleased to have it, though I am by no means a devoted fan of Batman.

Sure, I've seen Batman Begins as well as most of the old Batman movies that have been in circulation since not long after I finished high school.

But it isn't something I'd kill to have as a game.

So I do play this game, imagining it as a hybrid Judge Dredd being forced to walk the Undercity Corridors or Mega-City One Prison, Dr icarus' Laboratory's....

Rogue Trooper with his lethal stealthy take down manuever.

Bouncing from enemy to thug like Slaine with the same leg-springy fighting prowess.

The colours suck, but I know that suits Batman to a tee.

It's shame that I mostly rely on Detective Mode so much when it spoils what ever great graphics have been squeezed from this and end up switching between both modes numerously to get the most of this game.

Now I'm not so frustrated since the demo when the cinimatic styled combat/stuff withe grappeling device takes over. It's very welcome as it allows the game to flow along.

I find that I fight more and more enemies that Batman doesn't always respond as needed or on time and just falls. Then I found out that I was just repeatably pressing the Counter Attack button. Doesn't always work that way
The tougher guys that need to stunned, so they don't break you combo just because they have hand wepons. Thats getting alittle hokey.

Being confined to the Island within those gates feels so retrictive, so narrow and once again I'm alittle dissappointed with how gloomy it all looks, but thats Batman: Arkam Asylum for you. I stopped playing for few hours once I did abit of grappeling around the various roof tops. Using Batglide to float down.

What with the small exposives that only effect specific areas. I reckon, they should have been allowed more freedom with this one.

I like the way it departs from the demo. Everything was just as it was and then WTF is happening. Though it's cool that way it happened.

Of course, with that demo. They really wanted to give you taste of fighting many armed guards using the stealth options as I found they are really the only way you can do that.

They still really need to tweak the A.I. Those thugs should really start panicking when they find half their number have been compromised.

Of course I really referring the to four guards patrolling some section of the mdeical building, ebfore you get to pounce on Harly Quinn. Even playing on Medium difficulty there none of gaurds rushing over to any of their fallen. No alarm being raised.

It's a lovely deversion for the Batman fans and computer game geeks who just like playing that type of game.

It's has many innovations. Iw ill be looking foward t the many gadgets that are to becomase available. I just wished they could match the playable realism with the graphical realism thats been reached here. As it looks good, even if alittle dull with the colours. It still drops right down in alot of other places and you soon see the game for what it becomes through repetative playing.

Still, I am enjoying this, but I have stoppedplaying for now. I'm tackling Bane at the moment.

He's difficult, but I have found the correct plan for fighting him. Though I find Batman doesn't respond so fast to my suggestive button pressing to get him to dodge and punch. Most of the time he freezes momentarly while the other runs right over him.

Bane reminds me of....

ThryllSeekyr

Repeating what I said...

QuoteSo I do play this game, imagining it as a hybrid Judge Dredd being forced to walk the Undercity Corridors or Mega-City One Prison, Dr icarus' Laboratory's....

Rogue Trooper with his lethal stealthy take down manuever.

Bouncing from enemy to thug like Slaine with the same leg-springy fighting prowess.

That was meant to be.....

I do play this game, imagining it as a hybrid Judge Dredd being forced to walk the Undercity Corridors or Mega-City One Prison, Dr icarus' Laboratory's....

Without his LawGiver or another firearm.

I forgot to add that there's a element of Johhny Alpha What with Batman's
Dectective
sight ability to see where everybody is and even through solid obstacles. This would come in handy with a powerful firearm that can shoot through walls.

There's Nemesis the Warlock The appearance of his rubbery costume with pointy ears looking like horns, the cowl looking abit his mouth, and the billowing cape.

The game defintly need more intertacxtion withthe envorment and objectes like the trolleys, wheelchairs that are seen the corrdors, computer terminals and other equipment. Discarded weapons like the lead pipe. I guess Batman wouldn't handle anything like that.