Main Menu

Lakes International Comic Art Festival 2019

Started by Proudhuff, 01 August, 2019, 03:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Looks like some unusual suspects from the droids showing up in Kendal this year, seriously considering this one:

https://www.comicartfestival.com/guests
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

have booked the time off, now to see trains. Con tickets and hostelries... :geek:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Expensive holiday means I can't really afford this.  But I can make Thought Bubble as I can wangle zero accommodation costs!

Proudhuff

Doh! It is pricey accommodation wise, I've managed to wrangle it as 'a weekend away in the lakes' cough cough Comic Con too Cough cough
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

I had a great time thanks for asking... ::)

Garth Ennis was worth the ticket price, and a relaxed and amenable chap he was too. Even signing my Justice One page where Judge Proudfoot is killed  :thumbsup:
Some nice Dredd chats too with Rob Williams saying he regretted the way he'd killed off Gunther, got some signings, Out of the Blue Ennis/Burns, Small House, Trifecta and Injection signed too, however never got any Charlie Adlard signing despite taking a mountain of stuff, as his timetable clashed with everything else I wanted to see.

Bryan and Mary Talbot were as lovely as ever and Brayn happy to talk about the new Luther Arkwright book as well as the wonderful Rain GN they had just launched.

DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 October, 2019, 11:59:45 AM
Rob Williams saying he regretted the way he'd killed off Gunther ...

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 October, 2019, 11:59:45 AM
Small House, Trifecta and Injection ...

Enceladus/Titan? Insurrection (Abnett, not Williams). You're a sphinx, laddie, but thanks for the (cryptic) match report. Ennis has always struck me as a decent sort.

Tiplodocus

Jealous I couldn't make it. But Thought Bubble coming up shortly.

Proudhuff

acht, apollies the pub was due to open when I posted...I meant Gerhart, I have no idea who that other person is!

I got Injection signed by the artist: DECLAN SHAVEY, who was a sound bloke too, last spotted having a pint o Guinness with Ennis, now that would be a great pairing :thumbsup: 
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Also got Keith Burns and Garth to sign Out of The Blue along with a sketch on the inside by Keith, picked up his two ladybird books with sketches too  :geek:
DDT did a job on me