Main Menu

Hi

Started by Jase, 21 September, 2009, 02:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jase

Hi Fellas,- just joined the board, started reading from prog1 but havent read the comic for about 10 years, until recently and so far lovin it!-good to be back!
"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist- and one day soon,
I WILL BE." - Tim Bisley,

locustsofdeath!

Welcome aboard the board!

This is a great time to get in the swing of things - the Prog is at a tremendous high right now.

Emperor

Hello.

In another thread I see you are preparing submission to Tharg's mighty organ, got any samples of your artwork that we can have a peek at?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Jase

Emperor!, man you're quick, er not really got any comic art samples to show off- but if you check out jdaviesart.com its my website (that my son is sorting out for me)- you can see sketch card work I've done for Topps and other bits and pieces, below are examples of a couple of sets I've worked on-Indiana Jones Masterpieces set and Star Wars Galaxy 4

Comics are something I,ve always wanted to do, since reading 2000ad as a kid and are very different from stuff I've done before. A lot of sketch card stuff is done from ref pics, comics obviously require a lot of imagination and storytelling ability- But I'm going to give it a shot and see what feedback I get and take it from there!
"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist- and one day soon,

Trout

Kerrin

Wotcha Jase, welcome to the board.

Richmond Clements

Jase

vzzbux

Wotcha Jase, some good stuff there. Why don't you try your hand in the art competition.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mike Gloady

Hey Jase, nice to meet you.

How about making my life slightly more difficult when it comes to judging the art competitions?  All you have to do is go and find the current one, check it out and come up with an idea and enter. 

I don't mind my life being made more difficult in this way.  In fact I like it.  The more entries the better. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Emperor

Quote from: Jase on 21 September, 2009, 03:14:55 PM
Emperor!, man you're quick

That's what the ladies tell me!!

Quote from: Jase on 21 September, 2009, 03:14:55 PMer not really got any comic art samples to show off- but if you check out jdaviesart.com its my website

Good stuff. So as not to bog this thread down I'll take this over to the other thread.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Bouwel

Hello there!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Hello and welcome.

Paul faplad Finch

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Odd_Bloke