Main Menu

Old school Rogue Trooper Logo

Started by Bhuna, 04 May, 2014, 07:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

Does anyone have an old school Rogue Trooper logo (.eps) that they could send me?

Cheers
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bhuna on 04 May, 2014, 07:16:16 PM
Does anyone have an old school Rogue Trooper logo (.eps) that they could send me?

If no one gets back to you this evening, I'll draw you one first thing in the morning and send it over.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

TordelBack

Quote from: Bhuna on 04 May, 2014, 07:44:27 PM
Ah Cheers Jim. ta very much

It'll be on a beermat in black eyeliner, you know.

flip-r mk2

Quote from: TordelBack on 04 May, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
Quote from: Bhuna on 04 May, 2014, 07:44:27 PM
Ah Cheers Jim. ta very much

It'll be on a beermat in black eyeliner, you know.
Where's the like button when you need it :)
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

GrinningChimera

any chance of posting it here for us to see? Not having read much Rogue Trooper I am interested in seeing it. Cheers.

Jim_Campbell

Jim_Campbell

(It's not an exact trace, but a quick draw-over-the-top-of-a-scan in Illustrator.)

Bolt-01

Ag, just seen this. I've got an EPS that old boarder WILS let me have many moons ago. That has the logo's on as well as the bio-chips.

Let me know if that would be a help.

amines2058

Me being a bit thick and all that, does an .eps file allow you to add an original title or graphic to one of your own illustrations e.g. the way Bhuna has dropped this Rogue Trooper .eps title into his Art Comp entry for this month? This is also apparent with Allied72's ABC warriors.
Is this something specific to Photoshop?
Finally is there a repository or something similar for these .eps e.g. 2000ad & Marvel headers etc??
Otherwise do you simply crop an existing image to achieve what you want and insert on a separate layer??
(Excuse any stupid questions as am still finding my way around this digital art malarkey and text and titles such as these are still a mystery to me.)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: amines2058 on 08 May, 2014, 01:01:59 PM
Me being a bit thick and all that, does an .eps file allow you to add an original title or graphic to one of your own illustrations e.g. the way Bhuna has dropped this Rogue Trooper .eps title into his Art Comp entry for this month?

EPS files created in vector illustration packages like Illustrator are resolution-independent. A bitmap image editor like Photoshop essentially deals in pixels — if you enlarge a bitmap image (like a JPEG or a TIFF) then, sooner or later, you'll see the pixels. Vector images are expressed mathematically and can be scaled up and down almost infinitely.

If you open an Illustrator EPS in Photoshop, you'll be prompted to specify a size and resolution, so, although Photoshop will render it as pixels, you can make the image as large as you want (at this stage) without it pixellating. It will also open on a transparent background, so it's easy to add to an existing image.

Cheers

Jim

amines2058

Thanks Jim, much appreciated. That is very useful especially the fact that the image has a transparent background as the solid (filled) background is a problem I have suffered with before when trying things out.
I have also found the website www.seeklogo.com which appears to have a load of 2000ad and Dredd logos already done, which I am sure will save me some time in the near future!
Not sure how legitimate the site is mind?  :-*

IndigoPrime

Legit as in legal? Um, no. IP infringement a go go.

amines2058

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 May, 2014, 12:27:13 AM
Legit as in legal? Um, no. IP infringement a go go.

OK cheers IndigoPrime, I did worry about that hence my question. I may be better off ignoring it then! Also apologies for posting the link if it is dodgy, please feel free to delete that post or the link if you are able?  :-[ Just need to investigate now how to create my own .eps files to enable me to create fake page headers for the art comp etc! Oh well all part of the learning curve!
Is there a cheaper / free alternative to illustrator for doing this?