Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Banners on 11 July, 2014, 02:52:22 PM
Twenty. Six. Low. Res. Bitmap. Logos. In. A. Word. Document.

"What do you mean you can't use this 64px gif of my logo on the billboard ad?! Just make it bigger in Photoshop or something!"

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Banners

Not quite a billboard but a 2m high exhibition display. Gah!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Banners on 11 July, 2014, 03:32:36 PM
Not quite a billboard but a 2m high exhibition display. Gah!

"What do you mean there's an artwork fee for two hours re-drawing the logo in Illustrator? I'm not paying that — you should have used the file I supplied!"

Cheers

Jim

CrazyFoxMachine

New Thor.

Liberating step forward or another cynical Marvel publicity grab all I can really think is....

boob armour would kill you.

radiator

People who use the flash on their cameras/phones when taking photos at sporting events/concerts.

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 15 July, 2014, 11:09:18 PM
People who use the flash on their cameras/phones when taking photos at sporting events/concerts.
I thought the modern way was to take a photo with your tablet, thus ensuring everyone behind you gets blinded too.
We never really die.

radiator

Seriously, what do they think a little blinking led is going to do at that kind of range?

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Frank

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 15 July, 2014, 10:36:29 PM
Liberating step forward or another cynical Marvel publicity grab

I'd be amazed if Thor hadn't already spent some time as a lady ... and then gone back to how everything was before. Just as I'm sure he's probably become a mortal, been dead, got married, had kids, went evil, found out he was a twin, gave up being a hero, failed to prevent the destruction of the entire universe ... and then everything went back to how it was before. Nature of the medium.

If it was happening in Al Ewing's book, you'd have more faith he'd do something interesting, weird, and funny with the idea.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 16 July, 2014, 11:22:16 AM
I'd be amazed if Thor hadn't already spent some time as a lady ... and then gone back to how everything was before. Just as I'm sure he's probably become a mortal, been dead, got married, had kids, went evil, found out he was a twin, gave up being a hero, failed to prevent the destruction of the entire universe ...

...and turned into a frog. Which, apparently, is more acceptable to Marvel fans than Thor being a woman. Anyone who thinks the character won't back on-model for portrayal by Chris Hemsworth in time for Avengers 2 is kidding themselves.

Cheers

Jim

SmallBlueThing

Yes, I seem to remember Beta Ray Bill turned out okay- but then he was a he.

Thor confuses me anyway. What happened to Dr Donald Duck and tapping his stick on the ground to turn into Thor? I liked that idea, and the inherent "human worthy enough to be a god" idea. If thats what theyre getting back to, good on them.

SBT

JamesC

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 16 July, 2014, 11:39:59 AM
Yes, I seem to remember Beta Ray Bill turned out okay- but then he was a he.

Thor confuses me anyway. What happened to Dr Donald Duck and tapping his stick on the ground to turn into Thor? I liked that idea, and the inherent "human worthy enough to be a god" idea. If thats what theyre getting back to, good on them.

SBT

Yeah, I liked Don Blake. And if Thor's hammer left his hand for more than 30 seconds he'd turn back!

ZenArcade

Possibly totally tangential, but did Thor not masquerade as a maiden in Norse myth?
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Indeed he did, in what is one of my favourite stories of the Poetic Edda, where Thor is disguised as Freya when she is to be wed to the jotun Thryma, and Loki (as bridesmaid) has to keep making excuses for Thor's unladylike behaviour at the wedding feast. It's a standalone piece of humour that would slot neatly into everything from (topically) Carry On Up The Bifrost to (sadly also topically) The Young Ones. 

Both my kids roll about laughing when we read this one.

ZenArcade

The very one, doubt if it's got much to do with the Marvel franchise version (I could care less). Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead