Main Menu

Uncensored Action! 01 March 2014

Started by O Lucky Stevie!, 22 June, 2013, 08:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

Oh Stevie's giddy aunt!

Just hauled this beauty up on Fishpond, appropriately enough.

Pre-order now, ships 1st March 2014.

Format: Paperback, 288 pages
Other Information:  b/w comic strip

Considered a seminal publication during its short run during the 1970s, the original seven-penny nightmare "Action" changed British comics forever and paved the way for 2000AD. Long out of print and highly awaited, "The Best of Action" brings "Hook Jaw", "Look Out for Lefty!", "Death Game 1999", "Kids Rule O.K", "Hellman of Hammer Force" and "Dredger" to a new audience.

About the Author
Pat Mills has written countless comics stories, including Judge Dredd, Slaine and A.B.C. Warriors, as well
as Charley's War. He also created Marshal Law. Gerry Finley-Day is a British writer best known as the creator of Rogue Trooper. He also worked on Dan Dare, Invasion!, and many more.

Publisher:  Titan Books Ltd
ISBN: 1848560265
EAN: 9781848560260
Dimensions:  26.0 x 19.0 centimeters (0.37 kg)
Age Range: 15+ years  :lol:

For those of us outside the UK Diamond undoubtedly will solicit this but fail to honour pre-orders  ;)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

flesario

That looks fantastic, can't wait for that. Always fancied reading Kids Rule et al.

hippynumber1

Seems like there's a lot in there; I wonder if they're reprinting the whole run of each strip...

Richmond Clements

Colin YNWA

Its Titan so I know to be patient, but even so if it sees the light of day that will be VERY excitting.

Steve Green

IndigoPrime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 June, 2013, 12:37:28 PM
Seems like there's a lot in there; I wonder if they're reprinting the whole run of each strip...
I doubt it. Story of a Violent Comic (Martin Baker) had roughly the same page count and only covered part of each of the main strips. 280-odd pages isn't nearly enough to cover everything.

hippynumber1

That's what I figured; exciting in a disappointing kind of way...

opaque

Dash Decent

This has been floating around Amazon for at least a year and has changed publication dates three times from memory.  I would love to finally see it appear in March too - if not earlier.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

dracula1

280 pages of attitude and ultra violence! Chew on that Mary Whitehouse!

Bat King

Does Egmont own the Action stories?
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Spikes

Blimey, this is an age away yet. And as Dash says its been listed before, and has had other release dates...
And yes, i think Egmont owns the Action stuff.

o1s1n

Feck it, preordered! Even if it is an age away. Should sit nicely on my bookcase alongside my Story of a Violent Comic. :)

Absolutely love Action. Always wanted to put a complete collection together.

Spikes

Story of a violent comic is superb, isnt it. An 100% essential book to have.
I love Action, though im not sure ill be buying this new book (ill repeat my call for a expanded re-release for Martin Barker's book, though).
I guess as i have all the pre-ban issues, i dont really need this...