Main Menu

Virgin Dredd novels to get digital rerelease.

Started by Pete Wells, 13 August, 2015, 02:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Those Virgin Dredd novels of the early 90's are getting a digital re-release. I remember loving (most of) these as a teen, particularly Dread Dominion and Savage Amusement. Hundredfold problem, not so much.

Find out more here:

http://comicsalliance.com/judge-dredd-novel-ebooks/

glassstanley

This is good news. Any chance the Prelude for each book (published in the Meg) could be included in the Thrill Mail?

Pete Wells

I remember when these came out squaxx were invited to submit pitches to write the novels. I worked for aaaaaages on my masterpiece - 'Cult of the Cursed' about a massive cult (I said 'cult!') which sprang up outside the city and sent raiding parties through the undercity to cause mayhem.

It turns out I just re-wrote Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, even down to a subway chase at the end! Well, Temple of Doom with a repressed gay Judge(!), a serial killer called Larry Manilow and the crucifixion of Dredd.  Ah, the folly of youth!

COMMANDO FORCES

Heath C Ackley

Funnily enough Pete, my pitch also featured cultists. They were a group of psi-terrorists known as Doomsayers dedicated to wreaking bloody havoc in every city on earth. I don't think it would be appropriate in today's current climate.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Tjm86

I noticed the other day that the second hand book stall at our local market had loads of these in all of a sudden.  Including some of the non Dredd ones IIRC.  First time I'd seen them in a long while.

mejustnow

Does this mean my Virgin paperbacks won't be worth anything now  :'(
SMUSHY PEAS!!!