Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Just found out about Keith Floyd, That's rather depressing, I've got many fond memories of watching him with my father many years ago.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy on 15 September, 2009, 08:35:08 PM
I've got many fond memories of watching him with my father many years ago.

What was Keith Floyd doing with your father?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Swayze is holding out up there for Sam Elliot, till that eternal day when they can both open the Heavenly Roadhouse and dislodge the throats of angels.

Goaty

oh damn, Henry Gibson - the role of Tom Hanks' nemesis in The 'Burbs, Mr Wormwood in Innerspace, and a cameo in Gremlins 2. He was the leader of the Illinois Nazis in John Landis' The Blues Brothers.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25844

Richmond Clements

Illinois Nazis? I hate Illinois Nazis.

Devons Daddy

Keith Floyd

for what this is worth.
an inspiration to me personally,
he was the first proper tv chef. with his floydd on fish show,
i had began work in my first kitchen when he arrived on the scene.

thanks to his groundbreaking style, he paved the way for my choosen carrear to be recognized and rewarded.
i met him twice in my carrear, enjoyed him immensely both times .

so in real terms.
this is my homage to him upon the greatest site on the WWW.
KEITH FLOYDD thankyou!
my finest culinary regards
DD
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mike Gloady

Chas & Dave are splitting up.

I doubt anyone will notice, but surely this is the excuse we've all been waiting for to go online and download "Snooker Loopy" (legally, naturally). 

This news affected me more deeply than the "news" that Oasis had split up (after a not very much publicised bloody backstage brawl - guitars were involved). 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

Quote from: Goaty on 17 September, 2009, 09:44:15 AM
oh damn, Henry Gibson - the role of Tom Hanks' nemesis in The 'Burbs, Mr Wormwood in Innerspace, and a cameo in Gremlins 2. He was the leader of the Illinois Nazis in John Landis' The Blues Brothers.

Oh dear. Henry Gibson. I liked him. He used to amuse me greatly in Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

The Lucy from "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Late news I know, but.....

Simon Pegg's credibility.  Last seen playing harmonica onstage with showbiz chums The Cold-Players.  This is where Simon does that line from the fast show: "I'll get my coat"

He was so funny too.  Now I can't look at him without seeing him being in the presence of Chris Martin and Gwynnie and not throttling the pair of them.  How he can even call himself a member of the human race is beyond me.......

I am, of course, exagerating for (presumed) comic effect.  He's still funny and they're still rubbish.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Roger Godpleton

He was never funny.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Goaty

Batman's Superior Cousin

Dominick Dunne - American writer and investigative journalist (October 29, 1925 - August 26, 2009)
Marek Edelman - The last surviving leader of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising (1919 or 1922 – October 2, 2009)
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night