Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Fantastic, Johnnystress. That just brought a big smile to my face, after hearing such sad news. We need more shows like the fantastic Wanderly Wagon these days.

JOE SOAP

When I first stated working in RTE (22 FEB 1999 to be precise), the actual Wanderley Wagon sat parked outside studio in all kinds of weather.

maryanddavid

RIP Eugene Lambert, I loved all the crew, Judge and Crow, Sneakey Snake scared the
sh%t out of me, I remember the Safe Cross Code with Judge and Brendan Grace. Was there a brushing you teeth campaign involving Judge as well?
A very simple show, but but very effictive. I looked into bringing the kids to the theatre last year, but between one thing and another, I presume it will be still open, didnt his family run it?

David

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteWhen I first stated working in RTE (22 FEB 1999 to be precise), the actual Wanderley Wagon sat parked outside studio in all kinds of weather.

My Production Design tutor in college designed the bastard.  Hence my meeting Eugene Lambert.

Frank 'Father Jack' Kelly was the bad guy in Wanderly Wagon; some kind of evil professor.  
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

I loved the Lambert Puppet Theatre on the few occasions I was lucky enough to see them live, but for some reason Wanderly Wagon scared the almighty crap out of me as a kid.  Except for Judge, obviously. 

Richmond Clements

Walter Koenig's son. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8538208.stm
Can't imagine how horrible this must be for him.

Bolt-01

Oh. that's a terrible story.

johnnystress

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 February, 2010, 02:55:04 PM
but for some reason Wanderly Wagon scared the almighty crap out of me as a kid. 

me too- they had a scene where that Irish sounding tune by Mike Oldfield (I think) would herald the approach of visiting Leprechaun who may or may not have been malevolent.

And it filled me with absolute dread

Very sad about W Koenings son

LARF

BBC Radio 6

BBC Asian Network

Colin YNWA

Quote from: LARF on 26 February, 2010, 04:50:37 PM
BBC Radio 6

BBC Asian Network

Not yet, not definately. I live in hope.

ThryllSeekyr

Has anybody heard of Andrew Koenig?

Goatilocks

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 February, 2010, 07:12:25 PM

He was 'Boner' in the US teen show Growing Pains. Suffered with depression all his life - tragic.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Goatilocks on 26 February, 2010, 07:29:24 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 26 February, 2010, 07:12:25 PM

He was 'Boner' in the US teen show Growing Pains. Suffered with depression all his life - tragic.

There is also THIS.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

ThryllSeekyr

Yes, I know Boner from Growing Pains.

Commited Suicide, I wonder what pushed him over the brink.

COMMANDO FORCES

After Walter Koenig's son we now hear about Marie Osmond's son who may have committed suicide, also due to depression, very sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100228/ap_en_tv/us_marie_osmond_s_son