Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: Paul faplad Finch on 01 October, 2010, 09:06:30 PM
Stephen J. Cannell. He was 69.  He was television for me as a kid.

He'll always be the grabbing-paper-out-of-a-typewriter-and-throwing-it-over-his-shoulder bloke to me.

Paul faplad Finch

Norman Wisdom apparently.   I suppose he's pretty much the definition of 'he had a good innings'.    Still a shame though.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Norman Wisdom? Really?
There'll be a day of mourning in Albania
You may quote me on that.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Poor dear old Norman, a sad loss and a true funnyman.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Something Fishy

I loved watching his films when I was little.  Sad times as another great passes on.

Daveycandlish

Comedy genius. :(

Met him once, he was tiny.

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

SmallBlueThing

Hastings pier.
It was torched during the night. Woke up today to find the town full of smoke.
SBT

Van Dom

Missed the news about Stephen...that's a bit of a shock to me. He didnt SEEM that old and when I saw him doing interviews about the A Team movie recently he seemed perfectly healthy. At least he got to be involved in the big budget version of his best tv show before he passed away. Kind of sad.

Norman Wisdom..I actually thought was already dead!!! Wow he did have a good innings didnt he!??
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Albion

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 05 October, 2010, 08:02:22 AM
Hastings pier.
It was torched during the night. Woke up today to find the town full of smoke.
SBT

Sad to see that. I saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds play there a few years ago as a warm up gig before the Abattoir Blues tour. Probably the best Bad Seeds gig I've seen.

Norman Wisdom used to live in the village I grew up in, West Chiltington in West Sussex.
He opened our swimming pool when I was at primary school. No one in the village took any notice of him and I'm not sure he was particularly liked. I just remember him waving at people from his Rolls Royce and he had a sign at the end of his drive that said "Please drive slowly or not all!".
He was on the board at Brighton and Hove Albion at one time too.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Adrian Bamforth

There were fears for Norman Wisdom's health when he failed to collapse on stage recently during his act.

Dark Jimbo

95 really is the definition of a 'good innings.' My Gran's the same age.
@jamesfeistdraws

Roger Godpleton

Solomon Burke. Possibly from Pulmonary Embolism.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Richmond Clements

Dandontdare

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 12 October, 2010, 09:50:48 AM
Claire Rayner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11520609

I liked Claire.

Love her last words, according to that piece. And I never knew that critic dude on Masterchef was her son.

Also died this week, someone who I hadn't heard of but with a long and impressive career: Jackson Gillis, TV scriptwriter who over the years wrote for both the George Reeve Superman and also the Dean Cain series. Also wrote scripts for Perry Mason, Lost in Space, The Fugitive, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mission Impossible, Columbo and Murder she Wrote. In WWII he wrote propoganda leaflets designed to persuade defeated japanses soldiers not to commit suicide.

Is it a sign of age that I find newspaper obituaries more and more fascinating, even if I've never heard of the subject?