Main Menu

Amazon

Started by Fleetos, 20 December, 2011, 03:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetos

I like buying 2000ad things. Things I will never read but are a collection of stories I think I will read again in the future. I would like to buy them here (2000adonline) But it's soo much cheaper to purchase off amazon.

I want to support the creators but cash is cash and the more i can get for the same price is good.

What do you think would happen if they matched the price or offered free shipping. Would you buy more here??

James Stacey

I've done websites for several reasonably sized publishers and they have all said due to the fact Amazon handle all their own warehousing and distribution, it is actually more cost effective selling the books through Amazon than off their own websites. Not sure if this is the case for Rebellion but it may well be the case. Also usually a publisher won't sell below book price as it damages relationships with resellers. Hence, I assume, why Mongoose sell off all the Rebellion overstock rather than pushing them via their own site.

Alski

Shop around, get the best deal for yourself.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

radiator

As far as I know, so long as you're buying new and not second hand, everyone's a winner. I buy all my trades from the book depository as they seem to do the best prices and quickest delivery.

pwog

I just discovered Book Depository through ABEbooks.com. I'm waiting for my first order to arrive. If you aren't aware of ABE give them a try. I have found many a great deal over the years.
-pwog

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I don't often look past Amazon. The UK site is a bit rubbish for availablity, so I use the US version as a fallback.

Did try the Book Depository once but they represented a GN as "in stock" when it clearly wasn't, which irritated me greatly. They have subsequently been bought by Amazon, so there's no moral reason to use them either.

As far as I can tell, no one really competes with Amazon, at least on books, which is worrying from a monopoly point of view but it's hardly their fault if the competition are stuck in the dark ages.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: ChrisDenton on 20 December, 2011, 02:10:22 PM
Did try the Book Depository once but they represented a GN as "in stock" when it clearly wasn't, which irritated me greatly. They have subsequently been bought by Amazon, so there's no moral reason to use them either.

Now that's intriguing. Does anyone know if Book Suppository have upgraded their packaging for international orders?

Jiffy bags worked a treat for mass market paperbacks but trades just weren't surviving the trip to Auxtralia.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

I, Cosh

Unless the Amazon discount is over 30%, I tend to buy my 2000AD trades from an actual shop as I like shops and I don't think a smaller saving is worth the bashed spines and dog-eared covers Amazon invariably include with your order.
We never really die.

Link Prime

I'm with The Cosh on this one- don't think I've ever had a graphic novel / book delivered via online shopping that wasn't a regretful decision due to creased / torn covers or spines. Pretty harmful, medically, for an OCD sufferer like meself...