Main Menu

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 12 May, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

Best thing I've seen in a while. Whedon and co. are going from strength to strength.

Bat King

Quote from: bluemeanie on 25 September, 2013, 10:06:41 PM
So I watched it... enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would actually.
Definite split between the older characters who are all really good and the pretty models who... to be fair aren't THAT bad. Wasn't keen on the main focus of the episode though and have a bad feeling he's set up to be a regular

Every time Coulson is on screen though it jumps right up and he has all the best lines. Will be watching it next week

How have you seen it when it isn't on till Friday???
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

COMMANDO FORCES

It was on in America and he watched it there ;)

BPP

Totally rotten. Like a nice wrap of all those cringy things non-comics readers jump to when you tell them you love comics. A series totally dominated by flat smug 2d acting spouting lines Whedon is recycling for the nth time. All these impossibly pretty people failing to deliver anything other than mistimed 'quips'. If this was a comic it would be one nobody here would read.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Radbacker

but did you like it?
:lol:
well its on here next week i think so I'll give it a chance, surely cant be any lamer than The Dome was?

CU Radbacker

Theblazeuk

I liked it quite a bit.

If it was a comic it would be OK not great. However in a comic I would be prepared for say, a giant embodiment of all that is wrong to tear apart the multiverse and unleash the spectres of the abyss on this fragile world before being defeated by an alliance of heroes from across reality, who foil his evil plans at a terrible cost where even those with the power of gods fall, and ultimately all that we once knew is changed forever and the terrible cost that was paid is lost to an altered reality.

Or you know, at the very least, Nick Fury would pop up and they'd fight an army of Hydra goons.

So as a TV show rather than a comic, it was good. Enjoyable. Not mindblowing but nothing really to complain about.

JamesC

I'm watching episode 1 on TV right now.
So far I'm really enjoying it - it's very fun. I love these 'putting the team together' type stories.

Agent Coulson's gotta be a Life Model Decoy right?

Richmond Clements

Well that was bloody brilliant.

Greg M.

That was a lot of fun, very much in the spirit of 'Avengers'. I'd say that Clark Gregg stole the show, but given that it's very much his show to start with, best just to say he lived up to expectations. Bet you anything this 'Centipede' stuff is connected to HYDRA - the line about 'cutting off the head' seemed a bit of a nod. Re: Coulson's status - I have a feeling it's going to be a bit more than him being an LMD, though that does seem the obvious route, and the existence of such things has already been flagged up in the cinematic universe.

Link Prime

An enjoyable, easy going hour of TV- perfect Friday night viewing, and over at 9pm in case you're off to the pub, cinema etc.

Quote from: Greg M. on 27 September, 2013, 09:00:31 PM
Re: Coulson's status - I have a feeling it's going to be a bit more than him being an LMD

As do I.
My bet; Coulsons brain inside an android body (or something along those lines).

Zarjazzer

HYDRA are just fun loving, market driven entrepreneurs versus the government agents Bolshevism.

Good fun first episode. Some things a bit  telegraphed the eventual use of the Brit "science" nerds non-lethal gun but that was very well done, cracking first episode.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Bolt-01

That was really good fun. Very enjoyable. Definitely watching next week.

maryanddavid

Missed it from working late, but I see it on RTE here in the Emerald Isle on Sunday, will have a look then.

bluemeanie

Just wished they'd [spoiler]shot the guy at the end about 10 seconds earlier before he got too soapboxy[/spoiler]

Professor Bear

Seeing as the show is written by rich white people, I really liked that the guy at the end went off on a rant about the poor and working classes in America and did so without ever at any point being political or referring to anything specific beyond "I can't have this or that."  Some would call this an unmitigated level of gall at best, or at worst an attempt to paint a massively powerful, unelected, self-governing and invasive national security agency with martial powers as plucky underdogs up against reds under the bed and fifth columnists in a post-Snowden era, but not me - I just liked when the pretty people said witty and precious things like it was still high school.  I certainly have no concerns about the plot essentially being white people hunting and then dogpiling a black guy, either, certainly not topped as it is by what looks to the general population like a man being executed by the police in a train station like he was a Brazilian sparky.
I do have a couple of criticisms, though: it was a pilot episode, so they really should have tried hard to put some expository dialogue in the mouths of characters for at least the first twenty minutes of running time, and every nerd likes characters played by Summer Glau ten years ago, so they could have maybe have had a minimum of four of these characters in the cast, one with an accent maybe for variety.