Main Menu

The Four Dark Judges... Plus nine more?

Started by ming, 11 February, 2014, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

I'm not sure what to make of all this...  Everyone loves Judge Death; Fear, Fire and Mortis were great additions, but I didn't even particularly like the Sisters of Death, so nine new Dark Judges seems to be over-egging the pudding somewhat.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50804

Steve Green

Yup.

From what's been said with that bunch, the less you know about them, the more effective they seem to be.

I think having anonymous Dark Judge Drones could have worked, but nine more in the vein of Judge Choke?

hippynumber1

Skullmo and I figured this out last night. The other nine are:

Judge Choke
Judge Bruise
Judge Internal Bleeding
Judge IBS
Judge Near Miss
Judge Static Shock
Judge Sharp Slap
Judge Funny Bone
Judge Piles

Sadly, Judge Cramp didn't quite make the grade!

Link Prime

Yeah, read that last night and nearly choked.
Don't know if I'm against the idea of more Dark Judges just cause its IDW Dredd, or if it's how I really feel.

By the way, I have vague recollections of different Dark Judges (Judge 'Drac', 'Hate'...?) in a Dredd story from an alternate Judda dimension. Think Brett Ewins drew it, can't quite recall.

Skullmo

Can we now have 9 more members of the angel gang please.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

I still betting we'll be getting one new Dark Judge of our own in a few months- PJ Maybe.

ming

Quote from: Skullmo on 11 February, 2014, 09:03:47 AM
Can we now have 9 more members of the angel gang please.
Pa
Fink
Mean Machine
Link
Junior
Uncle Albert
Lionel Richie

...I forget the rest

James Stacey

Quote from: ming on 11 February, 2014, 08:45:10 AM
I'm not sure what to make of all this...
A paper aeroplane, a jaunty hat or maybe kindling ?
I feel a bit dirty for enabling IDW by maintaining my subscription to the main strip and now morbid fascination means I'll probably continue. It's all a bit Mark Millar isn't it. What's better than 4 Dark Judges, lets have 13.

ming

Maybe it's all part of some 'Amps to Eleven' mockumentary and we've all been cleverly duped.

ming

Nigel: The Dark Judges all go to thirteen. Look, right across the board, thirteen, thirteen, thirteen and...
Martin: Oh, I see. And most people agree that there should just be four?
Nigel: Exactly.
Martin: Does that mean they're scarier? Are they any scarier?
Nigel: Well, more are scarier, aren't they? It's not four. You see, most Dark Judging, you know, will be done with four. You're on four here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on four with your Dark Judging. Where can you go from there? Where?
Martin: I don't know.
Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Martin: Put it up to thrirteen.
Nigel: Thriteen. Exactly. Nine scarier.
Martin: Why don't you just make four scarier and make four be the top number and make that a little scarier?
[Pause.]
Nigel: These go to thirteen.

James Stacey

Where's the like button dammit. Maybe Nigel could be one of the Dark Judges, what with the tshirt he's wearing in that scene.

Spaceghost

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 February, 2014, 08:54:42 AM
Skullmo and I figured this out last night. The other nine are:

Judge Choke
Judge Bruise
Judge Internal Bleeding
Judge IBS
Judge Near Miss
Judge Static Shock
Judge Sharp Slap
Judge Funny Bone
Judge Piles

Sadly, Judge Cramp didn't quite make the grade!

Ha Ha! Funneh.

Coincidenatally, I was thinking recently that in order to become a serious threat to Mega City One, the Dark Judges would have to increase their numbers. Surely it took more than four of them to completely wipe out the entire population of Deadworld? A few more could be drafted in to help out in MC1.

Imagine the scenes as huge swathes of undead, unkillable murder-machines rampaged through the streets, bringing jusssstice to all.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

radiator

Hmm, not keen on this.

I'd bet money on one of them being 'Judge Ice'.

Dunk!

So this is an actual thing, is it?

Amazing.
"Trust we"

hippynumber1

Quote from: radiator on 11 February, 2014, 09:40:05 AM
Hmm, not keen on this.

I'd bet money on one of them being 'Judge Ice'.

Judge Frostbite! He'll take you toes, he'll take your fingers! You'll never wear glasses again!