Main Menu

Bad Company Youtube video

Started by catchman, 13 November, 2008, 12:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchman

Hi
I wanted to do a quick/simple video to go with one of my songs for putting on Youtube.  Id recently been chatting with mates about Bad Company, and how it would be great if a film was made and it reached a deserved, larger audience.

So that gave me the idea to scan in the 1st two episodes, then to colour them in in Photoshop (which turned the project from a 6 hour thing to a 32 hour thing, but maybe black & white would put off the casual viewer so it was probably worth it) and then pan from frame to frame.

I'm not expecting it will reach a big audience of more than a few thousand views, but if just one person decides to buy a copy of the BC book (and a few people buy my song) then I'll be happy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW6zXEW8TQ8&fmt=18

Nathan

TordelBack

ThryllSeekyr

Great stuff, now I more interested in the comic.

I really like the camera work, the way it reveals each panel very quickly before shifting position towards the dialoge.

Not sure about the music though.

One of the alien members of 'Bad Company' shown at 5:10 has also appaered in 'Futurama'.

Though think you all may know this already.

ThryllSeekyr

Gobber of Bad Company

Kif of Futurama

Banners

Quote from: "TordelBack"Kool.

Or, indeed, Krool.

M@

Marbles

I converted this to an mp4 file so I could watch it on my i-pod on the way to work...

//http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zeeubj0z3oe
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Dandontdare

That's excellent!

For someone who's too lazy to keep clicking and scrolling around normal webcomics, I love this auto-zoomy-scrolly method, though I'd like a little more time to savour some of the bigger panels. The colouring is good, and music worked ok, could do with being a little less upbeat though

catchman

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Yeah I realised that some of the frames dont last long enough, after the hours I spent colouring each page in it was a shame to not linger for longer, but I didnt want the casual viewer to get bored.

I'd prefer it wasn't hosted for free on mediafile though, as the 1 or 2 people who might have bought the song for 79p can now get it for nothing.

Cheers!
Nat