Main Menu

Prog 2083 - Fame in the fifth dimension

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 May, 2018, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

My favourite bit might be the John Titor reference.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tjm86

"The little Dalek that could ..... Exterminate" banner.

Now that would make for an interesting children book!   :o

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Richard

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Dredd: Safe hands, and some good world building, highly enjoyable.

Skip Tracer sorry but strikes me that this would have won the Pitchfest bingo prize.

Survival Geeks Enjoying this, even if most of the refs go over my head.

Deadworm This is really starting to grow on me, raiding the Dreadworld back catalogue and shaking it up: goodie are baddie etc  and we can see what's going on now except for Ba'sheid who does scare me.

Durham Red not quite as was promised but promising...
DDT did a job on me

Jacqusie

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 May, 2018, 01:36:54 PM

So yeah strong Prog and a nice summation of why 2000ad is the Galaxies Greatest from Tharg in the Nerve Centre

The strange thing I've noticed about Thargs missives and especially this one glaringly, he's reeling off a list of what's in the prog, next to a big old list of what's in the prog...  which is next to the Dredd story, which is in the prog...

I'm never a great fan of the contents page at the best of times as a space filler and Thargs messages dearly need a bit of umph methinks, tell us what's up and coming, what's happened to the 2nd part of Helium or (a long shot I know) Stickleback!  ;)

broodblik

Quote from: Jacqusie on 28 May, 2018, 11:31:36 PM

I'm never a great fan of the contents page at the best of times as a space filler and Thargs messages dearly need a bit of umph methinks, tell us what's up and coming, what's happened to the 2nd part of Helium or (a long shot I know) Stickleback!  ;)

Now I also want to know what happens in the second part of Helium
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

Quote from: broodblik on 29 May, 2018, 05:04:31 AM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 28 May, 2018, 11:31:36 PM
tell us what's up and coming, what's happened to the 2nd part of Helium

Now I also want to know what happens in the second part of Helium

In the second series of Helium, nice Mr D'Israeli is bumped off and replaced by the sinister Lord Trevallion:

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=44338.msg975339#msg975339

broodblik

Quote from: Frank on 29 May, 2018, 06:45:11 AM
In the second series of Helium, nice Mr D'Israeli is bumped off and replaced by the sinister Lord Trevallion

Both of them are great, although quite different styles.

Back to the present: I really like these covers where it is a journey of discovery of different characters
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

wedgeski

Epic cover, devoured the prog this week.

Magnetica

Great Prog this week.

Don't know if it's just me but Skip Tracer felt like it skipped a bit from the end of last week's episode.

broodblik

Really enjoyed this week prog all strips for me was just great. I am enjoying the the intrigue in the current Dredd strip. The new-look for Durham  Red works for me.

Timothy

With all the geek references on the cover we are 2 pages into this thread and nobody has mentioned the nod to the cover of Prog 509 in Durham Red. Call yourselves squaxx?

norton canes

Just got my prog

All I'm saying for now is

COVER