Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 23 August, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
I've just won a premium subscription to the Ultimate Collection on Facebook!

Holy Grud, there's tonnes of it!

Congrats Lobo, well done!

I was told, when I phoned earlier, that I should be receiving my first two issues from tomorrow onwards and if I had not received them by next Friday I should call back.

I also have bought a couple of extra issue ones to distribute to the local schools near me. They seemed to appreciate the JDMC issues I donated so at this price it would be silly not to put a few in school libraries.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 23 August, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
I've just won a premium subscription to the Ultimate Collection on Facebook!

Holy Grud, there's tonnes of it!

Wow we'll done that's quite a prize!

karlos

JamesC

Ooh - I just saw the TV ad! Should get a few lapsed Squaxx on board. Lots of Stront and Slaine art in the spotlight.

JaHawkDroid

Those posters at the London signing are rather lush. If anyone gets a spare, hit me up  :lol:

Taryn Tailz

Just saw the TV advert for the first time too. :)

Like many people, I'll probably dip in and out of this range, with the prospect of a complete run of Nikolai Dante in hardback being almost too good to be true.

JLC

Picked up the first one. I'll pick up some of these. The quality is good.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

got the £1.99 starter. it's a handsome prospect alright. but peeved that it didn't wait until after the jd collection, so will have to cherry-pick (i.e. nikolai dante), as i'm somewhat reluctantly going to carry on with the eaglemoss star trek collection (which is a really nice and unusual selection). too many hardback comics at once!

The Legendary Shark

Congrats, Lobo - by the time I got there the comp was closed, dagnabbit!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

robert_ellis

The printing on the Horned God looks great - the colours zing. The Slaine article in the back is cool. My only criticism is that everyone's feet are going to be severely cut off on the spine judging by how low Skizz is framed. Do others agree? The Boo Cook print from Forbidden Planet is cool. It was s but odd him signing Biz's books but don't blame him!

Mardroid

I checked my local W H Smiths (Dartford) to see if the first issue was there. It wasn't. I'm not really surprised, but I thought it might be since they had a couple of the Transformers ones not so long ago.

Anyhow, if there's any available at the 2000 AD desk at LSCC I might get one then. Otherwise it's the order route! I was kinda disappointed not to see it though. They would like order it in on a subscription basis but I don't want to be tied into a subscription just yet. If I did that, I'd got he Hachette Partworks route and get the other goodies too!

DrRocka

Picked one up from WH Smith's in Preston. As expected, it looks GORGEOUS & I'll pick up a couple more to give to friends tomorrow. Still umming and aahing over whether I'm gonna get any others in the series though - I've got everything in back progs, a lot of it many times.

D'you know what puts me off, though? What really TINY detail gets right under my OCD? There's no title on the spines! How the hell am I to know which volume's which on my bookshelves? That actually is a deal breaker for me over whether to dip in now and again and get more. I know, it's some kind of autism or something, I guess.

Can't knock this for two quid though, can you?
Never ever bloody anything ever

IndigoPrime

The spines thing is annoying. With the Marvel run, you at least got character heads on the spines to be able to rapidly locate series. But the 2000 AD spine decided to go against basic usability. A pity.

karlos

The main Smiths in Hull had approx. 10 copies in stock today.  If they're going to put more out then cool, but it that's the full stock then that is shockingly low.

Especially when I bought 7!

Two quick questions:

Are we getting all of Bad Company, and are we getting a stand alone ABC Warriors; The Black Hole, or will it essentially be a repackage of Mek Files vol. 1, with the first few stories?

abelardsnazz

WH Smiths in Sheffield centre hadn't put them out yesterday morning, but when I asked they had a boxful with maybe 10 or 15 in.

According to Barney, total page count of Bad Company including First Casualties is just over 400 which indicates we'll get the whole lot over 2 volumes.

Also from Barney, total ABC page count is around 1200 which will fill 6 volumes, so I think the first will be the early stories and The Black Hole.

So by my reckoning, the collection will include complete Bad Co, ABC, Nemesis, Strontium Dog, Slaine, DR & Quinch, Halo Jones and Nikolai Dante, with selected Dredd, Rogue, Invasion/Savage (or all of it?), Skizz and Sinister Dexter, along with a few others.

Can't wait, bring it on.