Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Surely the greatest fear is that one of the three Dredd will be Helter Skelter.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

abelardsnazz

Quote from: BPP on 20 September, 2017, 08:56:33 PM
Surely the greatest fear is that one of the three Dredd will be Helter Skelter.

Helter Skelter already appeared in The Day The Law Died volume of the Mega Collection, and it's been confirmed there won't be any duplication between the two collections, so fear not.

IndigoPrime

Shows how much effect it had on me – I totally forgot it has been in the MC. (Although I also now recall not finding it too bad a read in one hit.)

BPP

Never got over rereading it in the Carlos collection. It must mindwipe from me automatically.

Just Crusade to fear then.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

I, Cosh

Ditch Inferno, which I assume was in the Mega Collection, and the rest of the Summer Offensive makes up 184 pages. Instant buy for me.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Those are good numbers. Ditch Really & Truly and you'd have room for more Big Dave.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 September, 2017, 12:16:12 PMand you'd have room for more Big Dave
That, for me, very much isn't a positive. I struggle to think of anything 2000 AD has ever run that's as divisive (and, to my mind, as absurdly off target/scattergun with its barbs).

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 September, 2017, 12:16:12 PM
Those are good numbers. Ditch Really & Truly and you'd have room for more Big Dave.
Except Really & Truly was the one genuinely good strip in the Summer Offensive! Happy for a Complete Big Dave at some point in the future though.
We never really die.

The Monarch

isn't big dave legit owned my the creators because fleetway wanted nothing to do with it?

Tomwe

On Facebook Des Doyle asks:
QuoteIn this weeks Prog it's advertised that Shakara is out now but it isn't right?? It should be out next week with the Mega Collection?? Something seems to have gone askew with the marketing of these volumes as opposed to their actual release dates - can you clarify?
...and the answer clears up what happened there, if not why.
Quote2000 AD Hachette's decision to put The Horned God on sale for an extra week took place after the recent issues had been sent to print, so there was nothing we could do about the adverts. It's sorted for future issues though.

Pete Wells

Was just about to go to bed and noticed a big box on my chair. It was issues 3&4 (Shakara and Stront) and another mug with better printing. Anyone else get this?

davidbishop

Quote from: I, Cosh on 21 September, 2017, 01:00:54 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 21 September, 2017, 12:16:12 PM
Except Really & Truly was the one genuinely good strip in the Summer Offensive! Happy for a Complete Big Dave at some point in the future though.

Really & Truly is in the Rian Hughes's hardback compilation Yesterday's Tomorrows, along with Dare - Gosh was still selling copies for a £10 last time I was in!

TordelBack

Except Really & Truly was the one genuinely good strip in the Summer Offensive!

You wot, Cosh? It may have been the prettiest strip, but it was empty drivel. Maybe it was because I was reading a half dozen identical cutesy trippy non-stories in other comics at the time, but it committed the one unforgiveable crime on the 2000AD statute books: being boring. Slaughterbowl FTW.

Arkady

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 September, 2017, 12:00:58 AM
Was just about to go to bed and noticed a big box on my chair. It was issues 3&4 (Shakara and Stront) and another mug with better printing. Anyone else get this?

Congrats! I'm not at all bitterly jealous that you have these in time for the weekend. I assume you were an early subscriber? Cool that they're sending them out so far in advance of the shelf date.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 September, 2017, 07:30:10 AM
QuoteExcept Really & Truly was the one genuinely good strip in the Summer Offensive!
You wot, Cosh? It may have been the prettiest strip, but it was empty drivel. Maybe it was because I was reading a half dozen identical cutesy trippy non-stories in other comics at the time, but it committed the one unforgiveable crime on the 2000AD statute books: being boring. Slaughterbowl FTW.
One mans empty drivel is another man's frothy summer fun! With fabulous art. Out of interest, what were the other stories as I certainly wasn't reading anything else like it.

And while it grieves me to have to disagree with you twice in one post, I've never got the love for Slaughterbowl. For me, it's the one John Smith story that offers nothing. If there was ever a time when serial-killers on dinosaurs were boring, that as it.
We never really die.