Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Selfie-sticks!?! Buttonman's art doesn't include selfies, you philhuffistine. It uses the notional planes of observer and observed to reverse the western dichotomy of subject and object, imbuing the traditional inanimate with the energy of imminent transformation, while rendering the human subject with such a limiting formalism of artificial pose and fixity of expression as to appear unchanging. - thus usurping the role of the still life itself. When, as in his recent oeuvre, the human element is moved behind the eyes of the observer the effect is startling, as if we the viewer have become than grinning mannequin, forever gazing at the frenetic parade of jumbled elements that passes beneath.

Proudhuff

B+

Would be an A but you never mentioned wimmin's issues.
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 05 March, 2015, 12:31:15 PM
B+

Would be an A but you never mentioned wimmin's issues.

Who do you think is making the food, Huff?  In Buttonman's opus, women are always present by their absence.

Mikey

Fuckin hell Buttons! Are you OK now? Presume so what with the excellent return of WIAOMH, but take care of yourself in any case

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Satanist

As an aside my Bro-in-law had the same op as you a few years back and I can confirm he is still alive although a bit weirder due to being stuck at home recuperating so long. He also now has one tit bigger than the other so keep an eye out for that as well.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

von Boom

So Buttonman, with your recent... enhancements, is this how you see your food now?

Fungus

Buttonman

Haha - my Terminator vision ill be better used against charity collectors and canvassing politicians.

Did he spin it out for a while Satanist? I'm looking at about 6 weeks - any tips /advice for rehab?

Buttonman

Roast Beef, Mash, Roast Potato and Cauliflower This was an enjoyable diner but one I didn't repeat when it came up on the menu a second time. It was a bit bland and salt was banned on the ward. You get 3 slices of beef but they are micro thin and hard to separate from their brethren. This was the only roastie i spotted during my stay and the cauliflower had no cheese sauce.

Cheese Salad

This created perhaps the greatest stir fro all my posted dinners. When ordering I thought it would be small wedges of various cheeses but instead it was a massive pile of grated cheddar. The cheese was OK but too much. Also present is some fine cut coleslaw and some salad.

Buttonman

Pasta Bolognaise, mash and turnip and Ginger Cake and Custard

This one didn't look too nice but was reasonably tasty. Mash and turnip were strange bedfellows and went uneaten. Ginger cake a bit dry but OK.

Chicken Fricassee, Mash & Broccoli and Crumble & Custard

This was the worst meal I ad in my 14 day stay. I asked the nurse what 'fricassee' was and she didn't know but said it was a cream sauce. I took it anyway on the understanding it wasn't mushroom based - and it totally was. I tried to eat some but it made me gag. Can't remember what the crumble was - maybe rhubarb.

Link Prime

The 'cheese salad' is hilarious!

von Boom

That fricassee was in someone else's stomach before it was served to you.  :sick:

Buttonman

Cheese and Onion Quiche, Wedges, Mash and Cauliflower & Crumble and Custard

This looks the blandest dinner possible but the quiche itself as OK. This was the only sighting of wedges during my stay and they were pretty good. The crumbles were interchangeable but I think this one was apple. Maybe peach.

Haggis Neeps and Tatties

Well turnip and mash to you. This traditional favourite was well done although slightly dryer than I'm used to - presumably less fat in the haggis. I missed my usual lashings of HP sauce but it was still one of the better offerings.

Spikes

I'm off to Scotland next week.
Not planning to try any Haggis whilst there, though.

ZenArcade

I see one of the turnips was making a run for it there. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead