Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Bought 2 books directly from Hachette - one arrived within days, the other has just turned up after a 3 month wait, several emails back and forth and them sending me 3 random books that I already have!

Breaks my heart that this seems not be selling that well - is it lack of general norm interest or Hachette messing up or a.n. other reason?

karlos

Oh, and on a happier note - what contents are we looking at for SD vol. 5?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: karlos on 02 April, 2019, 12:36:26 PM
Breaks my heart that this seems not be selling that well - is it lack of general norm interest or Hachette messing up or a.n. other reason?

What makes you say that...?
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: karlos on 02 April, 2019, 12:37:15 PM
Oh, and on a happier note - what contents are we looking at for SD vol. 5?

The concluding chapters of Ragnarok Job; Incident on Mayger Minor; Warzone; and Bitch.
@jamesfeistdraws

karlos

Thanks very much for the replies, DJ.

I truly hope I'm wrong about sales, but reading the last few posts and talk of smaller print runs and not seeing copies in shops, I can't help but wonder that sales generally aren't great.

As I say, sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: karlos on 02 April, 2019, 12:46:02 PM
Thanks very much for the replies, DJ.

I truly hope I'm wrong about sales, but reading the last few posts and talk of smaller print runs and not seeing copies in shops, I can't help but wonder that sales generally aren't great.

As I say, sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I think it's par for the course with partworks like these that they've generally disappeared from shops by this point, and that the print runs of the books are smaller than earlier volumes.
@jamesfeistdraws

karlos

IndigoPrime

Yeah. I've no idea how well this is selling compared to other partworks, but you wouldn't expect them to be knocking around stores in any numbers by this point. My hope is that the 2000 AD one is doing well enough for an extension – another 20 volumes would be very nice, to mop up story endings/logical conclusions (Kingdom, for example), and to get some other stuff into the mix (Firekind, say).

robert_ellis

Has anyone ever seen a copy of Kingdom book 2 with the right end papers? Hachette have replaced mine 3 times but always with the Slaine end papers. As it was originally from December last year I'm starting to think it's affected the entire run and they are in no hurry to replace. I'd love to see the series extended just to see the more esoteric stuff, somewhere in the multiverse a complete Tyranny Rex is a best seller!

IndigoPrime

I never got the option of a replacement, despite asking about it. Has anyone got correct end papers on either of those books?

Tomwe

Quote from: robert_ellis on 02 April, 2019, 07:22:15 PM
Has anyone ever seen a copy of Kingdom book 2 with the right end papers? Hachette have replaced mine 3 times but always with the Slaine end papers. As it was originally from December last year I'm starting to think it's affected the entire run and they are in no hurry to replace. I'd love to see the series extended just to see the more esoteric stuff, somewhere in the multiverse a complete Tyranny Rex is a best seller!
I know they said they'd look into it but as far as I know it was never fixed  :/

Rara Avis

After following this thread I contacted them via Facebook and requested the replacements which were duly sent.

I contacted about my subscription being a month behind everyone else and they've said it's just where I am in the sign up order. That makes zero sense to me. Surely they are printing X amount of volumes for x amount of subscribers so why are they sitting on books for a month and then sending. I signed up around the same time as everyone else afaik unless the people who did the trial sub are in the first round? Bizarre. :-*

IndigoPrime

You could always threaten to subscribe, like I did, and then have the idiots take that as a literal cancellation request, and cancel my subscription and direct debit. That was a fun time.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Rara Avis on 03 April, 2019, 06:23:44 PM
After following this thread I contacted them via Facebook and requested the replacements which were duly sent.

I contacted about my subscription being a month behind everyone else and they've said it's just where I am in the sign up order. That makes zero sense to me. Surely they are printing X amount of volumes for x amount of subscribers so why are they sitting on books for a month and then sending. I signed up around the same time as everyone else afaik unless the people who did the trial sub are in the first round? Bizarre. :-*

Sounds like you are in the same order as me and I was in the trial run so it's definitely not that.

Arkady

Just noticed that two payments have been taken for March -1 March and 29 March.