Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Jade Falcon

So what are the next few volumes after Cursed Earth which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I remember reading this in the original progs way back.

I STILL think that the Grunwalders body looks a bit like C-3PO, but I don't know if I'm alone there.

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

EDazzling

The World At Law:
Pan-African Judges
Pan-African Judges: Fever of the Gods
Zancudo
Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon
Deathwatch: Faust & Falsehood

Mutants in Mega-City One:
The Streets of Dan Francisco
Mutants in Mega-City One
The Facility
The Secret of Mutant Camp 5
Emphatically Evil
...Regrets
The Edgar Case
Mutie Block

Mattofthespurs

IndigoPrime

Mine just arrived. The World At Law looks like a 'back of the queue' book, but then I flicked through and had forgotten about the Parkhouse tale. And, in all honesty, I do hope another crack at Siku's PAJ makes me appreciate it a lot more than I did at the time (which wasn't the case with Judges In Kilts).

Mutants in Mega-City One. Oh my. I've been looking forward to this one for ages, and it's now sitting next to #47 and #48, which I've managed to avoid reading, to take the entire thing in one hit. And now, of course, I'm on evil deadlines of doom thanks to the bloody Apple event tomorrow. ARGH. Still, I'm sure it'll be great when I have the time.

Tomwe

Thought I'd give the FB page a nudge about the extension's contents, but no new books confirmed.

They said that Every Empire Falls and Hershey are not titles in the extension though.

Going to stick with my guess that EEF is coming in the 2000AD collection instead.

oddballuk

Description and cover up at Hachette for issue 72 - Independent Operators.

Looks like Harmony takes up most of the volume with O'Rork from Jim Alexander too.

https://hachettepartworks.com/judge-dredd-the-mega-collection/independent-operators

The Monarch

robert_ellis

'The World at Law' is a slog. There's some exquisite art but can anyone say they enjoy these tales? Maybe I'm having a bad day! I've only ever given up on Calhab before. The thing is I hated 'Klegg Hai' but I've grown to like it. Should I persevere with this volume? This isn't meant to disrespect any of the talented creators involved, just the story selection.

Apestrife

The FB says a post DoC book is planned. Really really hope it's heavy on Wagner :)

Jade Falcon

I can't say I was enthralled by The World at Law, the Pan African Judges first story was readable, the second less so.  Zancudo was just....chaotic, the next story wasn't too bad, but the Faust one was just just too silly.

Maybe if I read them again I will think again but I really don't think so.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

i like deathwatch as a silly blackadder with a judge in it but its hardly a classic

pan african was better than i remember despite that unfortunate van busen character in it and his horrid speech inflections

AlexF

I'm astonished and delighted that what I'd always thought of as the weaker end of the Megazine Vols 2 and 3 has now been reprinted - is there anything beyond Soul Sisters & Straightjacket Fits that hasn't seen the inside of a shiny hardcover at this point?? I guess we 'need' a complete collection of Judge Hershey standalone tales, if that hasn't come through in the Mega Collection yet.

I'm almost tempted to get the World at Law collection if the repro is good. Pan African Judges is all over the place as a comic but Siku's art, especially on Book 2, was all kinds of gorgeous. And it couldn't be more of a contrast with Adrian Salmon's style - a bold choice to mix those two in one volume.

robert_ellis

Mutants in MegaCity Onr is stunning, truely the Crown Jewels of Dredd stories. It's almost as if they partner a weaker book with the best stuff. As we get to the final year or so of this series some of the story choices & order seem baffling. Have we seen Chopper before Oz? Have Banana City or Texas City Sting appeared?

The Monarch

chopper is getting a book of his own hopefully that'll have midnight surfer in it....hopefully