Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Quote from: sauchie on 14 September, 2013, 10:13:59 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 14 September, 2013, 10:08:35 AM
I will "die alone in Scotland."

That must be the bleakest sentence ever composed in the history of the English language. It really needs to be accompanied by the sound of a cold wind echoing around bare stone walls for the full effect.

:lol:

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Cyberleader2000

Life is sometimes sort of okay because I have spend this evening watching these vids on Youtube which has cheered me up a little.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Blendtec/videos
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

paddykafka

After a really rotten twelve months of physical and mental torpor following a break-up, I'm slowly starting to recover a bit. I wasn't quite ready to be taken to the glue factory but there were days when I felt close to it. Hence the reason why I haven't posted here in a while. So to those of you who were having life-spugs moments, or were / are beset by minor impediments, I hope that things have improved for you all, or will do in the near future.

And to those of you who've had otherwise good fortune I wish it to be known that I am not one bit...jealoushttp://forums.2000adonline.com/Smileys/default/lol.gif

Cheers! - Paddy

Cyberleader2000

Its finally over some of you might remember me posting this in Life Spugs because.

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 02 October, 2013, 07:57:05 PM
Warning I going to vent there may be swering.

Life Spugs because I got ripped off I pre-ordered a figure for £30 was very happy untill the shop turned round and said that I had to pay for £14 EMS and they would not let me opt for SAL as it was not as safe for a expensive item like this I was not happy but paid it any way then the real problom begun the Twats at ParcelFarce saw that customs had miss chargeing me customs fees so they handed the parcel back and got fees added then had the cheek to tell me the total bill is £20.78 so I asked them how much of that was there handeling fee turns out its £13.50 and here is the reason they change that much because I'm using a more expensive shipping opchion they need to change me more can some one explain why they charge a biger handeling fee when I had already paid more for expensive shipping.  >:(

well after wasting my whole day waiting for ParcelFarce to deliver my parcel its here now this may not seem like something to post in a thread about positive things but for me its a positive as I will never have to deal with this crappy problem ever again.

O and if your wondering what all this was over well this is the Figure in question I should have know better than to cave to nostalgia.

Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

maryanddavid

Few little bit that have risen the boat, last week at the local fair/car book sale I got 5 Eagle annuals from the 50's and 60's, a Beano annual from 66 and a Dandy annual from 73 plus another annual with bits of American and British material and a cool cover by Denis Mcloughlan all for €20!

Plus at the fitness/running club that I have started going to again( I went last year for a bit) I did a run of over 8k, my legs were in agony yesterday, still felt good!

TordelBack

After a long year off the water practically rebuilding the 40-year old dinghy I serve as crew in, followed by a pretty dismal performance back in August in the national championships (something like 15th out of 25 in our class, so bad I choose to forget), and a subsequent second frustrating period of blaming our tools and reading horribly technical books about the physics of sailing, measuring and calculating rig tensions, angles and lengths, and cutting, re-drilling and adjusting masts and shrouds and spreaders, we finally managed to get an overall 3rd place after 11 races of the autumn series that finished yesterday. 

A significant enough achievement to suggest that after all our efforts we actually got something right.

Link Prime

Quote from: maryanddavid on 14 October, 2013, 12:22:29 AM
Plus at the fitness/running club that I have started going to again( I went last year for a bit) I did a run of over 8k, my legs were in agony yesterday, still felt good!

I took up running to battle the mid-30s budge early last year David, and agree making that first 8K feels pretty, pretty good.
Assuming we're of similar age, I'll recommend two items;
Asics Kayano runners (best version you can afford).
Compression sports socks.

Dodgy knees & shins are a constant threat!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Got a new job, the current one wasn't really working out. I was working in a hotel bar, at any given time there were two of us behind the bar, answering to three different managers. Textbook case of too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Combine that with all the foreigners and my poor grasp of their various languages, it was far from ideal.

Now I'll be working in a proper pub
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

shaolin_monkey

Hawkmumbler

Group therapy sessions have been going well. Once i'd identified the root of the issue, my unavoidable tendency to rationalise a situation and pint point whom I can blame it on, it's been an OK couple of weeks. The sessions have dropped to fortnightly as a result.

Mardroid

TordelBack

Well done that man.  Keep walking forward.