Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: 2000AD Thrillshots - Reviewing the Mega and Ultimate Collections
« Last post by Vernoona on 18 February, 2019, 11:07:48 pm »
Noble robot warrior Hammerstein is tasked by a mysterious human officer with collecting robots for a secret mission: It's the first volume of ABC Warriors up on the blog.

https://thrillshots.wordpress.com/2019/02/18/abc-warriors-volume-1/
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Theblazeuk on 18 February, 2019, 11:04:56 pm »
I get the motivation but by god, way to do exactly the kind of naive self destructive crap that every armchair buffoon has been saying is a reason not to vote Labour ("Its a party of protest") or the other parties. Including these lots. That's just not the system we have. Be bloody real.

And oh look, couldn't even go a single day without being more explicitly racially dodgy than anything I heard said in the anti-semitism row.
Prog / Re: Prog 2118 - Enemies of the State
« Last post by Judge Olde on 18 February, 2019, 10:44:19 pm »
I think recent Dredd stories have ruined me  :)
Re read Small House & already re read Machine Law
I can't wait until Wednesday
News / Re: New 2000 AD creators blog
« Last post by AlexF on 18 February, 2019, 10:05:45 pm »
Si Spurrier's definitely done it, Prog 1482.
Steve Dillon's done it, if you count Prog 588 in which he both writes and draws Hap Hazzard, as well as drawing a Future Shock.
I'd imagine Gordon Rennie's on that list, too, surely.
Off Topic / Re: The Political Thread
« Last post by Professor Bear on 18 February, 2019, 10:04:26 pm »
Monday morning: "We are leaving the Labour Party because it is racist."
Monday evening: "I would like to apologise for using the words "funny tinge" to describe black people's skin."
Film & TV / Re: PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BY THE NEW STAR TREK: DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by Eamonn Clarke on 18 February, 2019, 07:17:47 pm »
I like that they are sticking with the mycelial menace and making Fungus the Bogeyman.
Film & TV / Re: PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BY THE NEW STAR TREK: DISCOVERY SERIES
« Last post by Robin Low on 18 February, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »
I've found this series growing on me considerably, although there were a number of moments in the latest installment when I was yelling, "Stop yakking and run, you idiots!"

More generally, I've been amused by what amounts to fanwanking in the efforts to explain away some of the apparent contradictions.

Regards,

Robin
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by The Legendary Shark on 18 February, 2019, 05:48:27 pm »
Been released back into the wild, staying at a friend's for a couple of days before heading home.

Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
« Last post by Sinx on 18 February, 2019, 05:46:20 pm »
Saw Alita : Battle Angel recently and it was not too bad at all - probably preferred it over Aquaman. Seeing it in IMAX definitely helped, the cinema shakes when ever there's a big impact. Just scraping a 3/5 from me.
The only thing about the film though was every time I see Ed Skein now, before I actually register who it is, I just remember that scene when Ryan Reynolds is trying to guess his name in Deadpool and says "Is it Basil Fawlty?" in his faux Cockney accent  :lol: :lol: Just can't take the fella seriously any more!
News / Re: New specials: 2000 AD, Cor!!, Tammy, Vigilant, and more
« Last post by DrJomster on 18 February, 2019, 05:36:02 pm »
Excellent news all round!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10