Main Menu

Buttonman on the Box - !mpossible BBC1 5.15pm on Tuesday 24th July to 27th

Started by Buttonman, 11 July, 2018, 10:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Fungus on 29 July, 2018, 01:45:37 PM
I like the idea that between shows everyone changes clothes to keep up the pretence  :-X

Maintaining that illusion must be the only reason the presenter wears that gear. He looks like he's being styled by someone who's never used clothes before.

Buttonman now regrets only ever playing Star Wars Monopoly.

Buttonman

Yeah you get herded back to the dressing room between shows to change outfits. They have dressers who pick an outfit from your assembled wardrobe so that they have a balance - wouldn't do for everyone to be wearing red, for example.

They are quite picky- no stripes or dots that could strobe on screen and no labels. They also said no writing but I saw people get on with 'Bazinga' t-shirts and the like.

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 29 July, 2018, 02:03:12 PM
Buttonman now regrets only ever playing Star Wars Monopoly.

As a non-Brit this was something that struck me: do Scotches not have their own monopoly boards?  We did have an ancient dogeared London version of my grandparents when I was very young,  but by far the more common board to play in the late 70s and 80s was an Irish one, and I had thought the original early-century version was Atlantic City or somewhere, with the rest of us getting our own versions after WWII. 

So was all of Britain subject solely to the streets (and train stations) of That London, to the point that this was the 'canonical' board?

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 July, 2018, 03:01:08 PM
do Scotches not have their own monopoly boards?

The only properties would be council flats, they'd all cost £1, and if anyone bought one the other players would tut disapprovingly at them for perpetuating Thatcher's legacy.

It's fitting that this discussion should take place on a thread celebrating a latter-day Rachman.

Buttonman

aha! Had a look at that link you posted Frank.

Near the bottom :

"had owned the mews house in Marylebone where Rice-Davies and Keeler had stayed."

Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!

Frank

Quote from: Buttonman on 29 July, 2018, 05:16:43 PM
"the mews house in Marylebone where Rice-Davies and Keeler had stayed."   Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!

:lol:    Doubt Keeler and Rice-Davies got their deposit back on that place. The factor would be steam cleaning crusted flakes out of the carpets and drapery for months after they left.

TordelBack

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 July, 2018, 05:43:20 PM
...and disinfecting that chair. Or not, of course...

I didn't make a joke about calling pest control to deal with a snail infestation, and you're my witness.