Main Menu

Alien predator partworks

Started by moly, 17 October, 2018, 08:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Someone just posted a pics of a new aliens predator partworks, assume it's a trial run does anyone know anything about this

rogue69

moly

The one I saw posted was definitely graphic novel

Mattofthespurs

Oh Shit!

I mean, thanks Tomwe.

Thankfully the Doctor Who Complete History finishes in 8 issues time.

Tomwe

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 30 October, 2018, 04:39:17 PM
Oh Shit!

I mean, thanks Tomwe.

Thankfully the Doctor Who Complete History finishes in 8 issues time.

It's just at test stage I'd say. Will launch properly in December if it succeeds. I buy too many partworks already to get this one too (ha ha heard that before).

Unlike the Deadpool one, I'd likely grab the first cheap issues though. I swear whoever masterminds the Hachette partworks knows exactly what I grew up reading/geeking over. As a teen my GF had Aliens Book 1 which is now known as Outbreak. Apparently they have changed the names of Hicks and Newt to something else so it can still be considered cannon without interfering with Alien3.

Mattofthespurs

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
I bought the originals too from DH. At least they changed them back for the most recent reprints.

Yeah, looks like the test stage but a good level to get on as you normally get 3-4 issues for free plus some gifts.

Tomwe

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 30 October, 2018, 05:41:45 PM
Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
I bought the originals too from DH. At least they changed them back for the most recent reprints.

Yeah, looks like the test stage but a good level to get on as you normally get 3-4 issues for free plus some gifts.
Aaah, feck it. Let's give it a go, hey? I know it'll only be four issues after all.

Mattofthespurs

Got my four issues this morning.
As predicted this was a test run which has now finished.
All 4 for free so I'm happy :)

Fortnight

I got my four issues for free this morning too. I got issues #1 & #2 - which is good, but also, somewhat strangely, #23 (with poster) and #29. Odd combination.

Mattofthespurs

These are the first four but as with the Batman collection (and the Dredd and Tooth one for that matter) they are the volume numbers not the issue numbers.

rogue69

Got mine today looking at the poster there seems to be 60 issues to this collection but as they are starting back with the original 1988 comics i'm sure it will be longer

Tomwe

I think I may have been too late with my application as an email to their service said they were out of stock. Guess it might still turn up some time.

What's the content of the books? is it the four listed on the website?

Would you consider them rather light on comics content for one book?

IndigoPrime

On lightness of content, I suspect we've to some extent been spoiled by the Dredd collection (and, albeit to a lesser degree, the 2000 AD one). Other partworks seem rather... thinner per volume, by comparison.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tomwe on 05 December, 2018, 12:28:09 PM
What's the content of the books? is it the four listed on the website?

Would you consider them rather light on comics content for one book?

Yes to the first question.

And no to the second. They seem par for the course in terms of the DC Collection and the Marvel collection.