Main Menu

Prog 2084 - Hail to the Chief!

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 June, 2018, 09:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Woolly on 04 June, 2018, 09:47:33 AMFrankly, if this doesn't get addressed in the comic i'm going to be disappointed.
Maybe Mortis decays them for a laugh?

***SSSSSS... YOU CANNOT WEAR WHAT DOESSSS NOT FIT!***

/rots laces and insoles

dweezil2

Quote from: Woolly on 02 June, 2018, 11:52:02 PM
Covers awesome, but when did Judge Death start wearing boots?

Death's a cross dresser and they're kinky boots that he wears at the weekends!!!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

broodblik

This prog is more of the same in a good way. The prog is well balanced with a strip for everyone.

I do not mind that a story takes a little more time to developed like Skip Tracer.

The Dredd story for me is great and I like the jump between the current and the previous.

Durham Red the art is one of the highlights and is some of the best work Ben has produced. The remake works for me

Quote from: sheridan on 03 June, 2018, 11:52:01 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 02 June, 2018, 09:27:18 PM
There is also a letters page. Couldn't disagree more with one the plea to end Strontium Dog and Sinister Dexter.

Typical - I actually think Sinister Dexter and Strontium Dog are the best they've been for years!

Sinister Dexter is one of those stories which I do find to be either hot or cold. I will always read it but it feels like it is going nowhere. I know lot of people enjoy it but if it stops now I will not miss it. Strontium Dog with Wagner writing and Ezquerra on art duty is something that should grace the pages of the Prog more
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

matty_ae

Quote from: broodblik on 06 June, 2018, 05:52:07 AM
This prog is more of the same in a good way. The prog is well balanced with a strip for everyone.

I agree. I know its fashionable to bash the prog but I think as an anthology it has a really solid mix of art styles and writing. I like Survival Geeks and think its really well executed. It always helps when Dredd is on fire (and it is) but really good all round.

Steve Green

Quote from: Woolly on 04 June, 2018, 09:47:33 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 04 June, 2018, 12:29:06 AM
Quote from: Blue Cactus on 03 June, 2018, 10:40:36 AM

It's early days for Death here - for all we know he's still wearing Y-fronts and a vest under there. Presumably the dead fluids will toughen up his feet over time and give him those delightful toenails!

Er yes - didn't want to say but a more appropriate question is when he stopped wearing boots.

Frankly, if this doesn't get addressed in the comic i'm going to be disappointed.
Maybe Mortis decays them for a laugh?

A Question of (Dark) Judgement.

Sidney De'ath has a crisis of confidence, and wonders if his plan to kill every living thing is the right thing.

He turns to his mentor Judge Morphy who advises not wearing boots at all.

"By Grud my feet were stinking to high heaven, while also stepping on Lego -  I didn't worry if killing every single thing was right or not"

There you go.

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 06 June, 2018, 04:29:19 PM

Sidney De'ath has a crisis of confidence, and wonders if his plan to kill every living thing is the right thing.

He turns to his mentor, Judge Morphy, who advises not wearing boots at all.

"By Grud my feet were stinking to high heaven, while also stepping on Lego -  I didn't worry if killing every single thing was right or not"

Nothing anyone else can say will be as funny and clever. Can a moderator lock the thread, and maybe pin it as an example to others?

broodblik

Quote from: Frank on 06 June, 2018, 04:52:19 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 06 June, 2018, 04:29:19 PM

He turns to his mentor, Judge Morphy, who advises not wearing boots at all.

Nothing anyone else can say will be as funny and clever. Can a moderator lock the thread, and maybe pin it as an example to others?

Death never wears boots. This is a residual of an imprint of Prog 2079. Hail to the king Mick McMahon

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Steve Green

Magnetica

Sinister Dexter is one of those stories which I do find to be either hot or cold. I will always read it but it feels like it is going nowhere. I know lot of people enjoy it but if it stops now I will not miss it.

For me one of the strengths of Sinister Dexter is they can do individual tales which don't have to be part of a wider story, or which have only a small part of a wider story. Or they can do bigger arcs.

It's actually the same with Dredd and Stront....

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 June, 2018, 07:00:28 PM
Sinister Dexter is one of those stories which I do find to be either hot or cold. I will always read it but it feels like it is going nowhere. I know lot of people enjoy it but if it stops now I will not miss it.

For me one of the strengths of Sinister Dexter is they can do individual tales which don't have to be part of a wider story, or which have only a small part of a wider story. Or they can do bigger arcs.

Amen brother - TESTIFY!

broodblik

You make a valid point, but my problem is not the script (Dan Abnett is a very talented writer). I just can't seem to really like the main characters.  This run of Sin/Dex I enjoyed more than previous run. I did not like Deadworld when it started but maybe Sin/Dex will grow on me. Since AD is an anthology their might be a strip or two which you do not like. Having multiple stories is both a strength and a weakness.

Magnetica

Quote from: broodblik on 07 June, 2018, 05:18:51 AM

You make a valid point, but my problem is not the script (Dan Abnett is a very talented writer). I just can't seem to really like the main characters.  This run of Sin/Dex I enjoyed more than previous run. I did not like Deadworld when it started but maybe Sin/Dex will grow on me. Since AD is an anthology their might be a strip or two which you do not like. Having multiple stories is both a strength and a weakness.

You are perfectly entitled to not like the characters and to be fair Dexter has always come across to me as a not particularly well developed character, especially considering how long the strip has been running. And certainly in comparison to Finnigan.

But it's a different thing to the story not going anywhere.....just saying.

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 07 June, 2018, 07:11:44 AM
But it's a different thing to the story not going anywhere.....just saying.

Where is Sin/Dex going ? I am not sure. Maybe I am unfair to sate that it is going nowhere.

James Stacey

Quote from: broodblik on 07 June, 2018, 11:09:29 AM
Where is Sin/Dex going ? I am not sure. Maybe I am unfair to sate that it is going nowhere.
It doesn't matter where its going if the journey is fun.

norton canes

So another great prog, Deadworld maybe sneaks TOP THRILL this week just for having Death in it

Excellent storytelling in both Dredd and Durham Red. In fact I can't work out if it's a better Red than Dredd

I'm here all week folks

Survival Geeks - that's a giant butt plug that Simon descends on, isn't it? Maybe someone more familiar with butt plugs than me can confirm this.

Got a feeling that Simon's strange pose in the next frame is some sort of comment on Adric's unfortunate reveal while in the Master's web in Castrovalva, but frankly the thought is too horrible to contemplate.

Skip Tracer. I'm sort of hoping, fancifully I suspect, that this is going to explode into some kind of bizarre John Smith style headf**k of a story. But that last panel is such a load of bull.

I thangew.