Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con 2016

Started by Tiplodocus, 16 October, 2015, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 December, 2015, 03:04:45 PM

The history of comics will be on at the Hunterian:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/hunterian/visit/exhibitions/exhibitionprogramme/comicinvention/#d.en.410343

'Taking us from the world's oldest comic to Donald Duck and Dr Dread, Comic Invention also reveals new material central to the history of comics.
Looking at the graphic narrative in its widest sense, the exhibition showcases treasures from The Hunterian and beyond, from the ancient Greeks to Hogarth and contemporary items.
Comic Invention also highlights a very important but little known work called The Glasgow Looking Glass of 1825 (pictured). Arguably the world's oldest comic, it predates titles like Punch by sixteen years.'

I just knew I'd miss this, and sure enough. Despite having a flyer pinned up for weeks so's I don't forget. What a clown.

Then today I get an email from BHP asking me to complete a survey "even if you didn't attend" (Eh?). I might have even done so if either of the links weren't broken.

I need to prioritise!

Proudhuff

Dinnyfash, you did prioritise, you bought John Wagner a drink! what could be more important than that?
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

I think I'll be doing Thought Bubble in Leeds rather than Fort William.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!