Main Menu

Judge Dredd at Comic-Con

Started by the shutdown man, 28 July, 2009, 10:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

Now I'd say those are some pretty awesome costumes. There are various other fan costumes here including various hot super superwomen and of course, stormtroopers.

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Colin YNWA

I take it that sign reads Thargate then?

Anyway so many Slave Leilas, so few who should!

the shutdown man

Awww, there's a little baby dressed as Thor, complete with hammer.  :D
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

TordelBack

Aw, if he's Thor a little Calpol does wonders.

uncle fester

Arf Arf :)

I didn't recognise half those costumes though... I'm obviously not reading enough bad Marvel comics...

Mike Gloady

Reading ANY Marvel comics would count as bad in MY book - it's always felt whenever I've leafed through them at friends' houses or in shops that I'm just having my intelligence insulted by masters of the art.  Invariably what will happen is MASSIVE EARTH SHATTERING THINGS which are then reset, quietly forgotten and then referenced in an asterisked box about a decade later.  DC do the same, but they also do OTHER less idiotic stuff too.  I love the form but seem to loathe most of it's most popular genre.  No idea why.

Well, other than being a grumpy contrarian and snob - closest I usually get to superheroics is Watchmen, V, and Zenith (occassional Batman flirtations aside).  And that's the way it'll stay. 

All those people dressed up would have given me a headache.  Although I'd love to have gone all the same.  Did any boarder happen to go?  News from the frontline would be appreciated.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever