Main Menu

'Free' Megazine GN Suggestions

Started by radiator, 01 July, 2008, 12:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

See, here's my problem.  I'd greatly enjoy a mooted Elson collection, but I would hate to see a Raptaur collection, having enjoyed neither story nor art.  And I'd be forced to buy them both if I wanted to keep up with Dredd & Co in the Meg.  As a buyer of an anthology comic for more than a quarter-century, I understand taking the idea of rough with the smooth.  But not if it's rough I've already taken!  Not amused by this prospect.

Peter Wolf

I parrot myself yet again and say that i would like to see Blackhawk and Inferno.Harlem Heroes bigger nastier better looking older brother.One of the best in my opinion.

A compendium of lots of the early future shocks would be good as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Hoagy

Quoterough with the smooth. But not if it's rough I've already taken! Not amused by this prospect.

Well I only got a bit of rough at the time as I was exploring the real roughs as part of research.

I think Dredd post Bisley or pre-emptive of Bisley doing him would look pretty smooth on my shelf. I think it'd be a coup if I got it free too.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "peterwolf"A compendium of lots of the early future shocks would be good as well.
A Future Shocks collection is out later this year. I suspect that if it sells well, there might be another.

The Monarch

I agree with most of the choices on this page thus far and I really, really want return of the taxidermist (come on rebellion the olympics is this year and consider where it is and the controversy its caused the strip is dying to be reprinted)

Wils

Dark Jimbo

Taxidermist is worthy of a proper TPB rather than an EE.
@jamesfeistdraws

Rio De Fideldo

Checked last night and Lawcon was only 48 pages long. Any ideas what will fill the other 16 pages?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Can I throw Luke Kirby's hat into the ring?
Lock up your spoons!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "The Enigmatic Dr X"Can I throw Luke Kirby's hat into the ring?
Yes, but Alan McKenzie will sue whoever picks it up.

Hoagy

I'd like to see Glimmerrats. but that's already out in trades.

I'd like to see Harry 20 again.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

bad librarian

There probably isn't enough SOONER OR LATER to make a whole mini-trade is there? Eh, pad it out with some of Brendan McCarthy's "Brit-Cit"-era Dredd stories, and bingo! It's a book.
Mark

Bongo Jack

Zenith and/or Big Dave, just to see the apoplectic look of fury on Grant Morrison's deep-fried heroin pie-eating bald face.
I'd also volunteer to wipe my arsehole with every last page of Final Crisis, but Morrison has beaten me to the punch.
Live forever or die trying

DavidXBrunt

Whack out The Scrap with some Spurrier scripted Shocks and some of Elsons one offs.

And Sinister Dexter. Plenty to chose from.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "bad librarian"There probably isn't enough SOONER OR LATER to make a whole mini-trade is there? Eh, pad it out with some of Brendan McCarthy's "Brit-Cit"-era Dredd stories, and bingo! It's a book.
Alternatively, Sooner or Later plus Swifty's Return, although that might be too much.

Personally, I'd be happy to see a Brendan McCarthy Dredd collection from his exciting neon-nightmare period (such as the excellent She Devils).