Main Menu

Rogue Trooper review thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 20 April, 2006, 02:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Try the game on-line. Its alright if there are a few of you. Might have to crack this one open again.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ThryllSeekyr

Well the train I was protecting was half way damaged and there no way you could go back to the point before all the damged occured withoiut playing from the start.

Anyway, I wasn't the Hang-gliders that were givinfg so much trouble. It was Hoppers that pounced on me after coming out of the end of a tunnel near the end of that level.

Peter Wolf

I found that while the hoppers were difficult to shoot down , they dont do very much damage to the train.If you shoot down all the gliders as soon as they appear before they get near the train then you should get to the end.

Its the gliders that do the damage.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

Really.

Are you playing this on hard.

Peter Wolf

Peter Wolf

Shite ending to the game.

I just turned it off as it was pissing me off too much  right now.

It doesnt take much before i get the red mist appearing.

Peter Wolf

I suppose i would give this game 7-7.5 out of 10.

The ending wasnt good .It was just a Boss level much like any other game which wasnt what i was expecting after playing at fairly straightforward warfare.

The boss level was the traitor general .

So after all that he survives anyway and the game is left open for a sequel which i have no idea will ever happen.

Great game , shame about the ending.

High points: Shooting the sniper who was firing the poisonous rounds in the high building with the first shot i took.[this being the scene where Venus bluegenes gives covering fire from above.]

I think this was the penultimate scene.

The other high point was killing 2 norts with 1 shot. It was a head shot that went through the head of one Nort and then through the head of another Nort who was immediately behind the first.

There was a problem with the throwing of grenades.I tried several times to aim the throw so that the grenade would go through an open window in a bunker. The grenade would bounce off the bunker and go flying off into the air elsewhere completely off target.

There is isnt a single credit given to 2000ad anywhere in the guide to the game which is a bit odd.Given that ,how many potential gamers who play the game will be totally unaware of where the character came from apart from those already in the know.

TordelBack

So after all that he survives anyway and the game is left open for a sequel

I'd call that Rennie learning from GFD's mistakes!  I still fantasise about a Rogue 'epilogue' where we see the TG emerging from the ruins of his Arctic base, and watching Rogue's receding Millicom-bound shuttle before staring down at the remains of his convincing robot duplicate.  You could (just about) allow Horst to remain in continuity, and then have Rogue return to a ruined Millicom, sabotaged by a shadowy figure...  

TordelBack

So after all that he survives anyway and the game is left open for a sequel

I'd call that Rennie learning from GFD's mistakes!  I still fantasise about a Rogue 'epilogue' where we see the TG emerging from the ruins of his Arctic base, and watching Rogue's receding Millicom-bound shuttle before staring down at the remains of his convincing robot duplicate.  You could (just about) allow Horst to remain in continuity, and then have Rogue return to a ruined Millicom, sabotaged by a shadowy figure...  

Peter Wolf

I missed the Gordon Rennie  script credit upon first reading.

I was looking forward to a sort of sprawling battleground on the last level but you always seem to end up in a very high place on final levels in gaming.

There is virtually no cover on the last level and it is definately the most difficult ending to a game i have ever played and possibly the most annoying.

It takes about 8-10 shots to bring down 1 of the larger Nort battlesuit things.

There is a small white slot at the front that is highlighted red through a scope.You have to shoot this about 10 times to succeed.Shooting anywhere but this point **exactly** [the white glowing slot] will result in failure as there are no exposed hydraulics on the larger type.

It didnt try this close up as the effects of a scrambling grenade didnt last long enough.I dont know how you permanently disable one of these close up.

mei8mitsuyoshi

Heard so many mixed reviews on this game, love rogue trooper and all the stories that came with him, though have been unsure whether to gett he game as unsure how true to the character it is!!!:( Help, am I safe? Will my awesome image remain shiny and beautiful or tarnish from playing this game?
I take a strong interest in spirituality, the sense of wellbeing it gives me on a daily basis is amazing and it helps in so many ways, one site that really helps is http://www.mastermeditation.com

Keef Monkey

Quote from: mei8mitsuyoshi on 05 September, 2010, 01:47:31 AM
Heard so many mixed reviews on this game, love rogue trooper and all the stories that came with him, though have been unsure whether to gett he game as unsure how true to the character it is!!!:( Help, am I safe? Will my awesome image remain shiny and beautiful or tarnish from playing this game?

I reckon its a really good Rogue game, I loved it. I'd probably get it on PS2 or Xbox if you can though, the wii version is essentially the same game but with wii-mote controls and all the frustrations that brings. You should give it a pop.

ThryllSeekyr

I stilll gotta have another crack at this game.

dweezil2

Just £7.99 for the Wii edition on Play.com so there's no excuse for not bag(man)ging a copy.

It's a great little game!  :thumbsup:

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/8562077/Rogue-Trooper-Quartz-Zone-Massacre/Product.html
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Leigh S

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 January, 2008, 12:18:19 AM
<i>So after all that he survives anyway and the game is left open for a sequel</i>

I'd always assumed the TG was probably still active and if GFD had remained on scripting, the shadowy figure hinted at in post TG stories would have revealed him to still be about.