Main Menu

Juan Arancio, 87 RIP

Started by sheridan, 07 March, 2019, 10:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

You might not know his name, because he hailed from the days before 2000AD got credit cards...
Quote from: rogue69 on 07 March, 2019, 08:55:40 PM[/size]Juan Arancio aged 87 the Argentinian artist best know in 2000AD for co-creating Shako & drawing the first 4 issues

sheridan

You might not know his name, because he hailed from the days before 2000AD got credit cards...

Quote from: rogue69 on 07 March, 2019, 08:55:40 PMJuan Arancio aged 87 the Argentinian artist best know in 2000AD for co-creating Shako & drawing the first 4 issues

Heath C Ackley

Sad news. A great artist. I don't know much about him or his work outside of 2000ad but his prog work certainly made an impression. Shako and Flesh were the strips that my Dad feared were too gory for his pre-teen sons. Thank God Mum had the deciding vote.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

broodblik

I am not to familiar with his work but it is always sad to hear from someone who contributed to 2000AD that passed away.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Yes - depending on reports he only provided three or four episodes, but they happened to be the opening episodes of Shako!

Liking what I see on the internet about his post-polar bear work...

Dandontdare

I wouldn't have recognised the name, but those glorious few issues of arctic slaughter did formative things to my 10 year old brain, so respect to a great talent.