Main Menu

New specials: 2000 AD, Cor!!, Tammy, Vigilant, and more

Started by IndigoPrime, 13 February, 2019, 07:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Same here. Sometimes, these things show up locally, but not always. And at that price AND with free shipping, it heads to total no-brainier territory. Plus I don't have to find a local comic shop that will actually get the Villains special in. (That might sound harsh, but the nearest place to here that does FCBD takes me ~40 mins to get to, costs £4 in parking, and last time only got in one copy of 2000 AD and suggested I be "first in line".)

broodblik

I am looking forward to the Villains Special and hopefully all of the specials are available digitally as well (this is 2019).
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

CalHab

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 February, 2019, 01:27:14 PM
Same here. Sometimes, these things show up locally, but not always. And at that price AND with free shipping, it heads to total no-brainier territory. Plus I don't have to find a local comic shop that will actually get the Villains special in. (That might sound harsh, but the nearest place to here that does FCBD takes me ~40 mins to get to, costs £4 in parking, and last time only got in one copy of 2000 AD and suggested I be "first in line".)

I have very mixed feelings about FCBD and, in particular, how many of the "free" issues end up on eBay. Comic shops need all the support they can get but I'm not sure FCBD is the way to do that.

broodblik

CalHab people has stopped reading FCBD is just method of getting people to at least read something. Maybe rather do what Rebellion is doing with the Villains special, make it really cheap and only cheap when buying it from a comic shop.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Magnetica

Sorry that waving reply to Calhab's post earlier -I wouldn't have bought them all individually but bought the bundle. Free p&p swung it.

Magnetica

I also prefer to be able to order the "FCBD" issue online even if it means paying for it. And yes I know the whole point is to get people in to comic shops, but I couldn't make it last year and had to resort to eBay. Fortunately I managed to get a copy at a reasonable price.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Interesting, and slightly disappointing, to note that Prog 2130 is now being trailed in Previews at 48 pages and not the 100 originally stated in the article linked at the top of this thread.
I wasn't overly fussed about the Regened FCBD issue, but accept that it probably wasn't entirely aimed at me anyway! But I was very much looking forward to a bumper "special edition" of kid-friendly proggage of the heft of the end of year progs.
I'm assuming the original press release was a mistake, but clarification would be good.
SBT

broodblik

I am not sure if the total number of pages for org 2130 are going to be 48 or only the special part of the prog.  The special consists out of 6 stories whereas the normal part of the prog 4 stories.

https://2000ad.com/post/4898

Leigh S

I take from the wording there that the special is 48 pages (no regulars), and the other issues around it have the 4 ongoing stories?  Is that a Durham Red story it is talking about without mentioning Red? The story about the Intergalactic Bounty Hunter?

Quote from: broodblik on 22 February, 2019, 12:03:16 PM
I am not sure if the total number of pages for org 2130 are going to be 48 or only the special part of the prog.  The special consists out of 6 stories whereas the normal part of the prog 4 stories.

https://2000ad.com/post/4898

broodblik

I think for prog 2130 the regular lineup will not be present and continue in the next prog.

Link Prime

Just to confirm- 2000AD Prog 2130 is effectively the Regened special this year?
Why not just release it as a stand alone special?

broodblik

Quote from: Link Prime on 25 February, 2019, 09:56:49 AM

Yes I cannot understand why they are doing it or is their something we are missing ?

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 25 February, 2019, 10:47:19 AM

Yes I cannot understand why they are doing it or is their something we are missing ?

Must be.
The average age of a 2000AD reader is about 84.

Magnetica

Quote from: Link Prime on 25 February, 2019, 11:08:11 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 25 February, 2019, 10:47:19 AM

Must be.
The average age of a 2000AD reader is about 84.

I for one will give it to my 9 year old son to read. There has to be a way to get him into "proper" comics and not just Ultimate Spider-man and Lego Star Wars.