Main Menu

New specials: 2000 AD, Cor!!, Tammy, Vigilant, and more

Started by IndigoPrime, 13 February, 2019, 07:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 25 February, 2019, 11:08:11 AM
Must be.
The average age of a 2000AD reader is about 84.

And loads of the old farts moan about not being able to hand their progs down to younger Earthlets in their familial unit... :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

I picked up the FCBD '2000AD Regened' issue last year.
Nicely put together, with some sharp artwork, but clearly not aimed at me, and not something I would ever consider buying.
It was promptly donated to a 4 year old.

I'm 100% behind getting new / younger readers on board the Thrill Train (I commonly buy extra copies of specials & end-of-year Progs for younger family members and children of my pals) just not sure why this material is being released in this format is all.

Also, not for nuthin, but I personally probably wouldn't have continued reading a publication as *cough* Toothless as '2000AD Regened' as a kid either.
The old ultraviolence was a key attraction for this 1980's sprog.

broodblik

Hopefully with time more information will be released about prog 2130. I will wait for the released to cast my "vote". I still would prefer it to be a separate publication or that 2130 should have been a mega special as initially reported.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

blackmocco

I have nothing to add to this thread other than I've just contributed art for a strip in the Cor!/Buster special and I'm rightly fucking stoked. That is all. As you were. Etc.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Link Prime

Quote from: blackmocco on 03 March, 2019, 01:04:17 AM
I have nothing to add to this thread other than I've just contributed art for a strip in the Cor!/Buster special and I'm rightly fucking stoked. That is all. As you were. Etc.

Good stuff  :thumbsup:

ming

Just ordered the bundle, mainly for the boys; looking forward to getting these!

Bolt-01

I hereby claim you as another FQP success story! Thangyew!

blackmocco

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 05 March, 2019, 10:05:35 AM

A badge of honor I'm more than happy to wear!!!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Bolt-01

Quote from: blackmocco on 05 March, 2019, 06:47:16 PM

oh, congrats btw- Really chuffed to see you in print for Rebellion proper. Does this mean you can look forward to a 'droid' upgrade?

blackmocco

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 March, 2019, 11:02:12 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 05 March, 2019, 06:47:16 PM

oh, congrats btw- Really chuffed to see you in print for Rebellion proper. Does this mean you can look forward to a 'droid' upgrade?

Ehh. I've all my cybernetic enhancements laid out and ready to go but I'd heard word in the past my style doesn't suit the mothership. (Have to be honest, can't really argue with that looking at the prog these days.) Hope springs eternal, obviously, but the sensibilities for the Cor!/Buster strip they asked me to do we're right up my alley!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com