Main Menu

Was there ANY news of the Dredd movie at Bristol??

Started by Buddy, 17 May, 2011, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Did anyone attending Bristol get any new info on the Dredd flick?

Did Tharg spill any beans at the 2000ad panel?

Anything like when official images would be released, when a trailer can be expected or a deffo release date...

Anything... at all..?

Buddy

Ooops... seemed to have posed that topic twice... can the powers that be remove the other one??

uncle fester

Tharg wasn't in attendance. I believe Molch-R had already said (prior to this weekend) that there wouldn't be any news.

Steve Green

Apart from a few bits and pieces of the effects of the 95 movie etc, it wasn't mentioned on the panel.

I think Jock was down to attend, but he cancelled.

Rex Banner

I spoke to somebody who said they had seen pictures of Anderson and more pictures of the uniform and that they look really good.

They commented that the uniform had a worn and weathered look to it and looked very realistic.

Peter Wolf

The complete lack of just about anything from official sources promotional or otherwise doesnt really make any sense at all and i have washed my hands of it all to the point i had completely forgotten about until now after reading this thread.

I cant recall when the film was meant to be out but it cant be that far off now and you would have thought that now would be the time to start releasing some publicity shots and create some kind of a viral campaign to promote it so that it can start to gather some interest and momentum between now and its release date.

Why no news and updates ??

There just seems to be a veil of secrecy around this film that i find quite irritating TBH.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 May, 2011, 09:05:37 PM

The complete lack of just about anything from official sources promotional or otherwise doesnt really make any sense at all and i have washed my hands of it all to the point i had completely forgotten about until now after reading this thread.

Really? The film doesn't come out till late next Spring. They're still editing it. It''l be Autumn/WInter before any marketing starts.

Peter Wolf

Oh well fair enough.Another year to wait but there is a lot to be said for not knowing about something too soon as it makes for a long and agonising wait.....

That leaves 6 months or so to promote it but i am sure that other films have started their marketing campaigns a lot earlier than that

I had literally forgotten about it mostly because i have been distracted by a lot other things that are going on.I am still interested in the film but i put it out of my mind for the time being.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

No real news but a certain Mr.H.Flint was very optimistic.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 May, 2011, 09:43:53 PMThat leaves 6 months or so to promote it but i am sure that other films have started their marketing campaigns a lot earlier than that
Only blockbusters with tens of millions to waste on early marketing. For films of Dredd's size, you can expect a much more concentrated marketing blitz around the time of release.

JOE SOAP

Marketing for Dredd will be a wrap-round cover for the date relevant prog.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 May, 2011, 01:03:31 AM
Marketing for Dredd will be a wrap-round cover for the date relevant prog.

Come now, surely a badly animated TV spot on Dave Gold at 3am Sunday night a month after general release would be the more traditional approach?

W. R. Logan

Yes!

We all agreed the Stallone movie was crap.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Buddy on 17 May, 2011, 05:43:57 PM
Did Tharg spill any beans at the 2000ad panel?

No beans spilt or alcohol either.

No fault of the PR Droid but the panel was a waste of a room.

Buddy

I find the lack of information disturbing....

I'm starting to get the impression that the powers that be think it's a bit of a turkey and are keeping a low profile so as not to draw attention to it.

I hope I'm wrong but that's the vibe I'm getting.

I know Jock has sung it's praises and everyone involved has said just wait and you'll see how great it'll be but they all worked on the project... of course they're gonna say that.

I need an independent opinion.

No news is NOT good news in this case.

Why not release a pic of Anderson... what possible harm could it do?

Certainly no more than the Lawmaster & Toyota pick up trucks pics, in fact a good publicity shot could only do the film good.

I'm beginning to think there aren't any good publicity shots.