Main Menu

Top 10 lists... everyone likes lists, right????

Started by bluemeanie, 07 August, 2009, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

So, here are the categories and this is ALL TIME and you get one per category and none of this "honorable mention" cheating bullcrap!! I'll do the empty list then post mine

1) Favourite 1st person shooter

2) Favourite sport related

3) Favourite Adventure

4) Favourite Strategy

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in

6) Favourite RPG

7) Favourite online play game

8) Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing

bluemeanie

Probably the one I enjoyed most Quake 2. Was just so dingy and violent and had rocking Rob Zombie music. I've played better since, but dont think I've played one I've enjoyed more at the time since.

gotta admit its wii sports. Played the tennis at a mates house, ordered a wii the next day.

3) Favourite Adventure
Sanitarium. Creepy and cool.

4) Favourite Strategy
X-Com Enemy Unknown. Finished this on the Playstation way back when after finding out it was the next gen (at the time) Reblestar Raiders which was my fave spectrum game. Havent really played the subsequent installments though.

Wolverine : Uncaged. Like I said elsewhere Im on my 4th playthough of this. Even Batman Begins only made it to a second. Just love it and a good expansion on the movie plot.

6) Favourite RPG
Final Fantasy VII ... blew me away. Was very disappointed when they changed the fighting system in 8 though, didnt like it half as much.

Neven been that much of an online gamer but did play Half Life: Counterstrike a hell of a lot till the sound of 10 year old kids laughing at me for being shit in German got too depressing.

8) Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game
WWE Smackdown vs Raw on the wii. None of us can play it, but when you pull off a flukey move its all kinds of cool. Plus when its not your turn watching two other drunk people playing it is hilarious... like most wii games actually.

Madworld on the wii. Looks gorgeous and its one of those ones I can put on when I've had a shitty day and it makes me laugh.

Arkham Asylum. I'll be home in 5 hours, the demo is downloaded and waiting.

House of Usher

1) Favourite 1st person shooter: Blood (c.1997)

3) Favourite Adventure: The Legend of Zelda (c.1993)

4) Favourite Strategy: Dungeon Keeper (c.1997)

7) Favourite online play game: Alchemy (popcap games)

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second: War of the Worlds (except it's very, very easy). Oh, and Worms.
STRIKE !!!

The Monarch

halo

tony hawks underground

3) Favourite Adventure

the secret of monkey island

4) Favourite Strategy

Age of empires

lego star wars II

6) Favourite RPG

Dark chronicle

WoW is there anything else?

Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game

worms

Final fantasy 8

Dragon quest IX

Tweak72

1) Favourite 1st person shooter: Half life series

2) Favourite sport related: Skate 2

3) Favourite Adventure: um

4) Favourite Strategy: Homeworld series

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in: Aliens Vs. Preditor

6) Favourite RPG: Call of Cthulhu  

7) Favourite online play game: Rainbow Six Vagas 2/CoD4/Battlefield 2142

8.) Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game: Rainbow Six Vagas 2/CoD4/Battlefield 2142

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second. Halo series

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing. Not looking at games atr the moment as I am about to move in with Mrs Tweak
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

uncle fester

1) Favourite 1st person shooter - Haven't played any for too long. Used to be a big fan of Time Splitters. Works best between 4 people on a huge tv.

2) Favourite sport related - Madden. Sorry, yes I'm one of those weird people who likes niche sports that involve 3 seconds of speed vs violence followed by an ad break.

3) Favourite Adventure - Dead Space (At the moment)
Mate of mine thought this would be right up my street so bought it for my birthday. I had also gone back and played Metal Gear Solid 3 recently which was great. But Dead Space has added nightmare value. Couple of years ago this would've been between Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

4) Favourite Strategy - Homeworld (c.1999)
Battlestar Gallactica rip off that (I think) was only for PC and was way too advanced for my crappy little computer at the time. Still a top game though, and it looked gorgeous even when everything had descended into one mass bunfight. Didn't finish it on account of the processor couldn't handle everything that was going on in the final level. I put it onto my new computer and lost two working days to "research"

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in - Lego Star Wars (Original Series)
You cannot play this and keep a straight face. Ok so it's for 3 years old and over but who cares. All the original music, chartacters, lightsabers and Boba Fett. With a jet pack and rockets.

6) Favourite RPG - Not a fan of this, I'm afraid. All that your-turn-my-turn combat stuff puts me off. I'm much happier blowing the crap out of stuff (See 3,9)

7) Favourite online play game - haven't really delved into this world. I do know someone who happily spends 10 hours a day on World Of Warcraft. Bit much for me, I think.

Cool Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game - Rockband
Any musical ability you may have will be sod all use. So keep the drinks and post pub snacks flowing and hope the neighbours are really as nice as they like to make out.

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second - Grand Theft Auto 4. I've been caning this forever and still haven't finished it. The bright orange Lamborghini I was given after a mission on Sunday was a nice surprise. Hooked.

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing - Arkham Asylum. Well, it has to be, doesn't it? I predict more weekends gone astray when I should've been doing DIY or something.

Richmond Clements

AT the moment it's the latest Riddick game

Don't really play sport games... But Gran Turismo 4 will do.

3) Favourite Adventure
Tomb Raider... something- the last Play Station one where she [spoiler]dies[/spoiler] at the end.

4) Favourite Strategy
One of the Star Wars ones, Force Commander or Empire at War

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in Spider-man 2

6) Favourite RPG WoW

7) Favourite online play game as above: WoW

Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game- been a long time since I did that! But it was Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat

Guitar Hero

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing Arkham Asylum

radiator

1. Halo. I'll go for Halo CE, as that had the best singleplayer levels (I only ever play it in singleplayer). People who think Halo is overrated or a generic FPS simply don't know what they are talking about. They're very different games, but only Half Life 2 comes close, in terms of quality.

2. Wii Sports.

3. Probably GTA4.

4. Don't like strategy games, but as there's no puzzle category I'll have one of those instead - and I'll pick Rittai Picross.

5. AvP (Rebellion's PC version). Die Hard Trilogy comes close, which was amazing 12 years ago, but I can't imagine it holds up that well these days.

6. Final Fantasy 7 (though I have a soft spot for 4,5 and 6 too) Tempted to say Zelda, but I'm really tired of Zelda these days.

7. Left 4 Dead - I can't stand deathmatch-based games, co-op is so much more fun.

8. Can't really go wrong with a bit of Warioware: Smooth Moves. I have hazy drunken memories of actually crying with laughter playing this game with friends a couple of years ago.

9. Metal slug 3 - one of THE best games of all time. I have to give a shout out for Lylat Wars on N64 too.

10. Can't wait for Halo: ODST. Also really looking forward to: Shadow Complex, Aliens Vs Predator, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and Scribblenauts.

Professor Bear

1) Favourite 1st person shooter: Halo 3

2) Favourite sport related: Tony Hawk 3

3) Favourite Adventure: Discworld 2

4) Favourite Strategy: Command and Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in: Lego Star Wars

6) Favourite RPG: Fallout 3

7) Favourite online play game: GTA4

8) Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game: Mario Kart

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second: Jak 3 - best ps2 platformer ever

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing: Fallout: New Vegas

ThryllSeekyr

1) Favourite 1st person shooter: "Judge Dredd vs Death", After playing "Quake" and "Doom".

2) Favourite sport related: Not that I'm sure "Breakout" and "Breakout Two" on the old Ataria console would be counted as sport or even basedon sport, but it's abit like Squash anyway.

3) Favourite Adventure: "Journey to the Centre of the Earth" by "Ozzey Soft"

4) Favourite Strategy: If it's RTS, then I spent alot fo money playing "Battle Realms" in the interent cafe before I fianlly brought it. I also like Warcarft Three, and "Dawn of War' which became my favvorite over time.

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in: I thought the original STAR WARS Arcade game was real cool back in the days when I was still primary school. I recall a mild obseession with this one on subsequnet trips to Grundy's on the gold coast, Qld. Of course, since then, I have seen this game in alot of arcades, including my home town. It's known for reinacting the Death Star trench battle sequence against Tie fighters and those turrets in all their wire frame glory.

(6) Favourite RPG: "Bard's Tale" ( One or two, theres a story behind this.) being the first computer RPG I ever brought
with the Official "Dungeons & Dragons: Pool of Radience"  in as aclose second because I had brought it at the same time. Not long after I had left high school
and started collecting the employment benefits inbetween being a apprentice Locksmith and assistant storeperson. I was pretty excited about getting these as I likesd the pencil and paper version as well. Not that RPG back in those days were huge on the role playing element. You were just controlling a party characters, that were mearly a sum of numbers and modifers. The strange thing about my copy "Bards Tale" was that it's dungeon disk didn't work. So my party of ahcracters weres stranded on the streets of Skara Brae. With only the Tavern, Equipmen shop and Temple as shelter from the monster/bandit crowded streets. What made it harder was that eevrything looked the same ouitside. It was a tedious maze unitl I had bothered mapping.it. I still had lot so fun leveling tons of characters. Eventally raising a selecet bunch of heros up past tenth level and these exporedt to a perfectly working copy of "Bard's Tale Three :Thief of Fate" a few years later. A game I've never beaten, though I have at least made it to the last level.   .

7) Favourite online play game It's really hard to choose between the first online game I played --"Asherons Call" and the one I most enjoyedthe most The ten day trial for one of the later versions of "World of Warcraft" Right now I am enjoying "Second Life" Which is free to play as long as you don't pay for anythintg within the game. I actualley downloaded/installed/registered this game in a desperate attempt to make some real world money legally.. They say you can, but I'm not expecting the crown jewels. Just look for a cahracter called MisterMike Loudwater wandering around a virtual version of Dublin, Ireland. If you ever play. He's alot like me, but I'm still perfecting my look. I'll put up some snapshots I've taken later..

6) Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game: : I recall this comic art program on a cousins computer. Pictures from a "Garfield" comic strip that allowsyou to create  your own comic strip art panels and pictures This one provided hours of fun one Friday night with some old school buddies.We made some silly pictures. There was also avery popular "Olympic Games" game for the Commodore 64 and "Beach Head" with the digitalised speech and there was "Nethack", "Lemmings", one of the "Ultima" games, as well as ""The Ancient art of War" and some non-descript flight simulator. A few years later when we all started sharing a house together. We enjoyed."Time-Killer" on a arcade machine --as well as the odd pinball game-- that a frend  who was in the buisness of renting out these machines at that time. While under the inffluence of beer, burbon, and pizza.and one Friday night spent drinking. I went home very early but still drunk and Ioaded up a Firebird's "Elite" on the home computer. You know the game. While I was enebriated, the wire frame graphics left residual vector trails and patterns all over the screen. This last was also one of my all time favorites.What was better than pretending your part of a select bunch of pilots. a few of which could only be "Elite". Piloting the controls of a Cobra Mark Three.

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second. Maybe I should just say 'Elite" the game I just raved about above. But I haven't mentioned any of the Rockstar North games I 've played. I was very impressed with them and would like to rate all of the ones I  have played up here. That would be "GTA: Liberty City/Vice City/San Andreas/Canis Canem Edit/The Warriors. That last one could have been written under movie tie in.. I enjoyed that one immencely.

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing. Slaine: Grand Theft Dragon/Chariot/El beast, TIR NAN OGG.

Yeah, but thats just wishfull thinking.

locustsofdeath!

1) Favourite 1st person shooter: Doom 3

2) Favourite sport related: haven't played a sports game in years...

3) Favourite Adventure: Resident Evil 4

4) Favourite Strategy: Halo Wars

5) Favourite movie/tv tie in: Conan (I know it's not really related to a movie or a tv show - or REH's stories - but what the hell...

6) Favourite RPG: Fallout 3

7) Favourite online play game: Left 4 Dead

Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game:

9) Favourite game that didnt fit in any of the above, or was a close second: Viking

10) Upcoming game you are most excited about playing: Aliens vs. Predator

nomohican

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Creepy and atmospheric, plus getting shot messed your character up a great deal, which meant that any gun battle was a tense affair.

Wii Sports

3) Favourite Adventure

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars. A really well written story plus some nice puzzles.

4) Favourite Strategy

Master of Orion 2. Absolute top space empire game. Shame the third game turned out to be such a boring mess.

Lego Indiana Jones.

6) Favourite RPG

Fallout. Post apocalypse, bloody and dark. What's not to like?

Not really played any online games to tell the truth.

Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game

Halo multiplayer on any map with jeeps. It's the safe way to enjoy drunk driving.

Civilization 3 - in depth empire building fun. But it's not in space so MOO2 beats it.

Dragon Age: Origins.
Well, maybe that fish has a wife and family too. Did anyone think of that?
I mean, I don't think I've got the right to kill someone's daddy, do I? Even if it is a fish.

Zombo

Devons Daddy

) Favourite 1st person shooter
HALO/call of duty 4 (hard to choose)

tiger woods 2007

3) Favourite Adventure
Fable

4) Favourite Strategy
cant stand ummm.

lego star wars

6) Favourite RPG
MASS EFFECT (awesome)

C.O.D 4 modern warfare.

8)socail circle not that way inclined.

ORANGE BOX. all of it, but the puzzle one was incredible.

Modern warfare 2. have a pre-order placed.

live brings a game from good to amazing. so 360 wise my enjoyment goes up with the live angle.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Something Fishy

Halo, closely followed by Half Life 2

Madden

3) Favourite Adventure

Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic

4) Favourite Strategy

Cilization

Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic

6) Favourite RPG

The Elder Scrolls, Oblivion

Star Wars Galaxies before they screwed it up.

8  Favourite "Post pub with some mates around" game

Sing Star or Wii Fit

Crackdown

Bioshock 2

bluemeanie

I think I might have to revisit Halo.
Played it on the pc and was all kinds of underwhelmed. Actually thought I was going in circles at one point till I realised I was just going from one identical room to another for a while.

Not saying it was a bad game, but like Goldeneye I couldnt see why its been lauded as one of the greatest FPS ever when both seemed pretty run of the mill to me.

Could be a factor though that I never multiplayed with either of them. Apparently thats where they really shone.